Chapter 14

"Shy-come back!" Roman shrieked as I fast walked towards the exit of the college. I had accidentally spilled water on his pants and now it looked like he wet himself.

As soon as I exited the building I started to run away from Roman who was chasing me. I ran as I looked back to check for an angry Roman, before my head slammed against someone else's.

I groaned in pain as I laid on the ground, rubbing my head. Opening my eyes I saw Kyle laying in front of me.

"For fucks sake Shy."

"Shit." I breathed, squeezing my eyes closed from the sunlight which started to make my head throb worse.

We stood up, and I brushed the grass off my clothes.

"Enzo says to meet him in library at 4."

My eyes narrowed. "Lord Enzo can kiss my-"

The clearing of a throat made me pause. I exhaled, realising he was right behind me. After turning around, I looked at him with with an annoyed expression.

"4 at the library." Enzo said before walking away.

———————

After class I exited the college building and headed towards the library. I spotted a hotdog cart and decided to stop for a few minutes to grab one for myself.

"He can wait a few minutes." I said to myself.

I munched on the hotdog and texted on my phone as I slowly advanced towards the library. When I entered, I looked around for Enzo.

I saw him from afar sitting in a seat and going through books. His eyes angrily shot to me as I approached. "What the fuck took you so long?"

"I stopped to eat." I said as I sat down.

"Like the world revolves around you, I've been waiting here for half an hour!"

"Oh bite me." I scowled as I crossed my arms. "Lets just do whatever we came to do."

We worked on some more of the essay, and used some library books to help us. After a lot of bickering and remarks, the other half of the essay was finally done.

"We need books for the presentation." I said as I stood up. I looked at Enzo who sat back in his chair, exhausted.

"Get up off your ass." I said while walking to an aisle between the book shelves. I started scanning the books, narrowing my eyes for the letter H for history.

I already got a headache just looking at books. In high school I never touched a single book, though maybe that's why I'm so screwed up.

Enzo caught up with me, and walked behind. He accidentally stepped on my foot making my mouth open in an O.

Seeing my expression a smile formed on his face, showing his pearly white teeth. I'd never seen the man actually smile, so this was groundbreaking.

I needed to get my revenge though. I purposely stepped on his foot making him let out a chuckle. We started walking forward, and he nudged me slightly to the side.