Chapter 13

"Shy?" He growled angrily. This gave me a chance to whack the gun out of his hand and wrap my arm around his neck from behind. I pressed the gun against his face as he froze with confusion.

"Here's the deal- you do that project and I won't kill you." I breathlessly threatened.

"This is about the fucking project?" He rasped, before snatching the gun out of my hands and pushing me against the wall. I squirmed as he held my arms back.

"Let me go." I muttered, before he finally released me from his grip.

"Explain." He snapped. I walked off and kicked a can in front of me with irritation.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Shut up. Just shut up." My voice said defencelessly, and I felt so defeated. I sat down on the sidewalk, before resting my head in my hand.

"If I don't get those grades, I'm going to get married off." I whispered to myself. "I'm going to get married off."

Never had I felt so helpless. My stupid ass was going to get me trapped in a forced marriage.

I felt him sit down next to me, but I didn't move.

"Show me your face." His husky voice spoke, but I didn't listen. He tried looking at it but I turned it away. Exhaling, he grabbed my face and turned it towards him.

I had no idea what he was looking at, so I lifted my finger and touched my nose with it. Blood.

"Don't touch it." He ordered.

"It's nothing." I brushed off, before blood started to drip onto my clothes.

He took his white shirt off. Holy shit I wasn't ready to see a topless Enzo.

Holding the shirt in his hands, he reached to put it under my nose.

"Enzo, you don't have to."

"Just shut up and let me." He said before he placed it under my bloody nose.

"It's an Armani shirt."

He didn't reply and only gave me a look that said I-don't-give-a-damn. The fabric started to absorb my blood, and though at first I felt panic, I soon settled down.

He gave me his thousand dollar to soak my blood. This really made me think about what Roman had said earlier- that Enzo didn't care for anyone but himself.

This side of Enzo seemed completely different than what people said about him.

"You're bleeding too much." He said as the shirt was now soaked in blood. I stood up slowly.

"I'm okay. I'm going to go now."

"You aren't supposed to be bleeding that much." He said as he followed. I could almost hear the bit of panic in his cold voice, it was weird.

"I've been stabbed before, I think I can handle a nose bleed."

I actually started to feel lightheaded but I ignored it. My pride would never let me run to him for help.