Chapter 59

"5 minutes." Emiliano spat. Theo waited outside as I opened the door. When I walked in my eyes instantly met with Enzo's, they were cold and distant. More than usual.

I tried to quickly get to him, but it was extremely hard.

"Enzo." I breathed, relieved to see he was alive. He didn't seem fazed by my appearance, and just dryly looked at me.

"Why are you here Shy?"

"To see you." I replied as I sat on his bed.

"I'm not in the mood for false hope."

I silently sighed, knowing I was going to have to do something I'd never properly done before. "I met someone a while ago." I said making him look at me with almost anger.

"He was cold and distant towards everyone, but treated me differently, like I was special. This man, he affected me a lot. Nobody has ever made me feel anything, until it came to this man. And I hated it. I hated the way he made me laugh, or the way I felt drawn to him. So I tried to hate him. I thought if I could convince myself I hated this man, maybe I'd believe it one day. But as time went on, I realised that it wasn't going to work."

He blinked, his gaze warming at the edges. I took his hand in mine, looking deep into his eyes. "I realised that I was falling in love with him. That he was slowly becoming my everything. And that scared me. So I pushed my feelings away. But I shouldn't have, because I know that nothing can stop me from loving you. And I love you, Enzo."

I waited for a reaction, hoping he wouldn't push me away. "I'm never going to-"

He grabbed my face pressed his lips to mine, shutting me up. I was taken aback by the movement, but my lips quickly gave in to his. His kiss was incredibly deep, longing. Everything about it, and him made me feel complete.

He pulled away just enough to speak.

"I love you, Shy. I have for a long time." He replied, and a wide smile formed on my face. I pressed my lips against his again, my fingers caressing his face.

It took us a while to hear the sound if the door opening. I pulled away looked back to see Enzo's brother. "You have to leave now." He lowly spat.

Enzo's look quickly became one of anger. He opened his mouth to speak before I slipped my hand onto his. "Fine." I said sternly.

I slowly stood up and grabbed onto my stand, walking out of the room as his brother watched.

When me and Theo headed back to my room, I noticed a middle aged man in a suit walking through the hallway. There was no doubt he was Enzo's and Emiliano's father.

I hadn't seen Enzo again after that, Theo took me home and didn't let me say goodbye to him. I lay on the couch and sighed with the throbbing pain from my wound.

"Hey, where's father?" I asked Theo as he walked into the sitting room. Even though I could care less where he was. He shot his own fucking daughter.

Theo scratched the back of his head. "Dead." He simply replied, no emotion in his voice. My lips parted and I turned my head to look at him.

"What, you think he was going to live after shooting you?" He asked, sitting down casually. My mouth dropped open and my eyes widened.