Chapter 38

"Crap-" i muttered, rolling my eyes seeing it was Enzo, hovering his chin over my shoulder. "Decided to join?"

"Nah, I'm not the helping kind." He watched me squeeze the soap from my sponge. "And why are you here?"

"I don't know. I get to skip class."

"You do that anyway."

I exhaled. "Unless you want a car washed, go away."

When he didn't reply, I looked back at him, and he was running his eyes over my body. "I have better idea."

My mouth opened and I frantically glanced around, hoping nobody saw that and his proximity to me. Panicking at his closeness I pushed him away, a snort escaping Roman at the movement.

My eyes were stern on Enzo, and he just rolled his and walked away, instead watching me from a distance.

"What's going on with you two?" Roman asked in a flirty voice, one dark brow raised.

"Nothing."

Roman smirked like an old man and walked away before I sighed. Thanks to Enzo my friends were jumping to conclusions.

When I was finished, my eyes scanned around for Enzo, stopping on him leaning against his car. The asshole already had a grin on his mouth.

"What the-" I stopped right in front of him. "Now my friend is getting ideas about me and you."

"And?"

"And what if Chloe hears? Or worse, what if everyone hears?!"

"Let them."

I stared at him with disbelief, he was so reckless it made me look like a saint. My tongue ran over my teeth. He didn't give a crap.

"Screw you." I gritted, before he grabbed my jaw and pressed his lips to mine. I quickly pulled away, looking at my surroundings to see if anyone saw. But this parking lot was quiet.

My hand slapped his tough shoulder. "Wha- are you insane?"

His pupils dilated, eyes growing darker in a way that made me fight the urge to swallow.

"Maybe." He muttered, his grin still intact. I narrowed my eyes and opened my mouth to speak, but no words could leave me. "Hm, speechless are we?"

"Don't let it boost your ego. You aren't the reason." I lied, and hoped he didn't see right through me.

"Mmhmm?" He murmured, going close to my ear. "I'm not the reason why your face is going pink?"

A steady breath escaped me. Was I really that transparent? I wasn't to everyone else.

His lips inched lower. "I'm not the reason why your heart is racing?"

My eyelids lowered with defeat, especially when his lips pressed against the soft spot behind my ear. There was another kiss on my jaw and a sigh flew past my lips. "Enzo..."

"Yeah baby?"

His hands slowly slipped in my hair. Gentle kisses tickled my neck, making my insides ache for him all over again. His stubble tickled my skin. His lips were warm so soft, melting a moan out of me.

"You like that?"

"Mmhmm."

He trailed all the way up to my lips, and just when I thought he was going to kiss me, he pulled away. My eyes flickered open, looking at him with confusion.

"What?" He asked, amusement growing in his eyes. "Have something to say to me?"

Oh? I guess he was playing it like that then.

"No." I muttered stubbornly, still craving his lips on mine. It was throbbing behind my ribcage, and hunger pulled me inside out till it was clear on my face.

"You want it, ask for it."

"Fine. Kiss me." I replied and pressed my lips against his. A sound of amusement escaped him before he grabbed my face and pulled me closer.

"Get in." He ordered, and pulled the door open before sitting inside.

———

My head dropped on his shoulder. I couldn't keep up with the air my oxygen demands, not when everything around me was steam and heat.

Enzo's next words were sudden and breathy. "Stay the night with me."

My eyes flickered to his, he couldn't be serious."I can't."

"Can't, or you won't?"

As my thighs move against his hips I sit up. "I won't. You know what will happen if I stay the night Enzo."

"What'll happen?"

From the look on his face he was joking. The corner of his mouth twitched as I glared at him."You know."

He started to press slow kisses on my cheek. "And what's so wrong about that?" I fought the irritating urge to close my eyes. No- he wouldn't win this.

He pecked towards my lips, and kissed them softly, my eyelids growing heavy. I hated how he affected me. Maybe its the reason I try so hard to hate him.

His fingers trailed across my cheek, as he worked my mouth and I finally gave in. "Fine."

A smirk tipped his lips.