"Hello," I said softly, giving her a gentle smile.

She gave me a bright grin, teeth and all as she showed me her missing front tooth.

"What's your name? My name is Rosy." she said, and gave me a hand for me to shake.

I took her hand in mine, giving it a firm but teasing shake. "My name is Amara."

"That's a pretty name!" she commented, and turned towards the twins. "Hi."

This was said much more shyly, and I can understand why. It's because she was probably intimidated by their cold and feelingless looks.

"Hello," nodded Salvino, giving her a raised brow. Elena frowned, elbowing him in the stomach, and he grunted, plastering a fake smile on his face immediately.

"Hi!" Rosy said excitedly, rocking on the balls of her feet. "What's your name? My name is Rosy."

"Salvino." he grumbled, and pointed to his twin. "That's Santino."

Rosy nodded, before running back to her mom, hiding behind her mother's body.

"Is there anything you need, Alicia?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, just wondering where my sister went." Alicia snapped. "You always took my side. What happened to 'family comes first'?"

Elena looked shocked at the question, before tilting her head thoughtfully, pondering deeply. "I still do think of you as family."

"Well why aren't you taking my side, huh? Why insist on me staying here when you know that I am not happy here?" growled Alicia, and lifted up her arm, pointing at the bracelet that shined green every few seconds.

A tracker.

"I'm not not taking your side." Elena replied simply. "I'm just not taking your side either. I will not intervene with a problem that you and Salvatore need to resolve yourselves. You don't understand what he is feeling, and since you keep pushing him out, you aren't letting him try and talk to you."

"He thought that I betrayed him." growled Alicia.

"Yeah, and he knew that he made a mistake." countered Elena, giving her sister a pointed look. "It's time you forgive him and move on, little sister. Maybe you can even become a family."

Alicia snorted incredulously, "Yeah, sure. Keep on dreaming."

I looked at the two of them, my head swivelling back and forth like I was watching a ping pong match. Was I missing something or...

Why are Elena and Alicia fighting?

Seeing my expression, Santino snorted, holding in a humourless laugh.

"You don't want to know, Amara. You really don't." he said, shaking his head as Elena glared at him.

"I want to know though." I objected, and when Santino opened his mouth to deny my demand - not my request - I was already shooting out my next words. "Remember? No secrets."

Salvino sighed for Santino, giving me an exasperated look. "Fine. If you want know so much, well, say it."

"Santino. Salvino." Alicia said warningly as if they would listen to her. Unsurprisingly, they ignored her. Samantha was still staring at her daughter, ignoring the situation happening before her eyes.

Salvino waved off her caution, facing me. "Pretty much, Alicia over here is ignoring Salvatore and won't let him explain why he gave her the cold shoulder."

I frowned. "Why?"

Alicia scoffed while Elena smiled wryly at me.

"Because, he never trusted me." she sneered, "Even when he should have."