Chapter 52

Ola's POV

It's more than two (2) hours since Lola went back to join Nene. The thought of seeing Nene one more time beclouded my mind. At least if i can just get a glimpse of her as she leaves the hospital, i'll be content.

I really looked forward to seeing her. I shut my eyes and envisage her beautiful face. Gosh! How did i mess things up like this?! How do i fix this mess?! If only i had destroyed that silly 'Catch Book' and genuinely professed my Love to Nene, all the pain that i'm passing through could have been avoided! We'd probably be enjoying our mid-semester holiday right now.

My face lit up as soon as i saw Lola walk out then followed by Nene who was sitting on a wheelchair being pushed forward by Tona. Why is she on a wheelchair? Is she too weak to walk? If she's weak, why in God's name did the doctor approve her discharge?

Nene's eyes met mine as soon as she was wheeled out into the reception area. We gazed at each other intensely... i felt her stern, mean eyes pierce through my heart. She quickly looked away as Tona continued to push her towards the exit door area.

Leaving Nene close to the exit door, Tona and Lola walked back to the reception counter.

I made an attempt to go and meet Nene where she was but Soji grabbed my arm then pinned me to the wall and said with his teeth clenched:

"Stay put bro! You said earlier, that we should not start a war... what the fuck are you trying to do right now? I bet you didn't stop to think of what that godforsaken brother of hers will do to us if she lash out at you when you approach her?? I've told you time without number to stay the fuck away from her! She's bad news! Do you understand me?!"

I had no option but to agree and reason with Soji's point of view. I nod my head in agreement then soji slowly let go of me as i straightened my shirt.

At the counter, the receptionist handed Tona the payment receipt then he turned to face Lola and said:

"Babe, i thought we agreed that i'll handle the payment?"

"My love, I didn't make the payment... um... it's...um.." Lola paused then looked towards me.

I quickly shook my head signalling her not to mention my name.

"Um... i'm not sure who did." Lola said slowly.

Tona then turned to the receptionist to inquire to which the receptionist replied:

"Well, the person didn't leave a name. The person would like to remain anonymous."

"Ok. When next you see this person, please extend my gratitude. Tell the person i appreciate their kindness." Tona said with a smile. Then he turned to Lola and said:

"Let's go, love. We don't want to keep Cupcake waiting for too long."

"Love?!!" "Babe?!!" Ropo and Ripper whispered at once then they gave Soji and i an inquisitive look with a frown.

Soji shrugged off their questions, rolling his eye at them. They slightly growled their displeasure as they continued to watch Tona and Lola happily walk to meet up with Nene.

As Tona wheeled Nene out to the car park, i noticed all the members of the 'Anchor Wolf' began to stylishly leave one after the other.

"I told you... they only accompanied their Alpha. They were not here to cause trouble. You panicked for no reason." I whispered to Soji.

"Whatever! Mind you, i did the right thing! We had to take precaution against any impending attack." Soji retorted.

Soji sighed and continued to say:

SWEET REVENGE ~ (Editing On-going)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara