Chapter 4

Nene's POV

I woke up feeling so elated. I kept smiling all through as Erima and I observed our morning devotion.

I could hardly contain my happiness as I sang joyfully while taking my bath. I got out to dress up and Erima sat up on the bed and said:

"So someone can't have a peaceful sleep again because a certain someone is expecting a friend?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your beauty sleep," I answered as I giggled.

Erima rolled her eyes at me and went back to sleep.

I looked at the table clock and the time was 6 am. I sighed as I realized that there were still about 4 hours more before Lola's arrival.

I went out of my room and I smiled more when I could smell the food my mum was cooking. My stomach immediately began to rumble.

I decided to check on my brother, Tona, before heading to the kitchen to assist my mum with the cooking.

I opened Tona's room and he was still asleep. I laughed a little as I heard him make little sounds as he snored. I guess he's tired because he hardly snores except when he overworks himself.

I quietly left his room and went to the kitchen.

"Hey you," Mum said as she smiled when I walked into the kitchen

"Good morning mum," I said as I smiled back.

"Morning Love," she said.

'Love?' She called me 'love'?! I couldn't help but smile more. My mum only calls me 'love' when she's in a very good or happy mood or when she wants to send me on an errand.

I guess we are on the same page today. We both are happy that Lola will visit today.

"You are up early today. I hope you know it's Saturday. I always force you to wake early on Saturdays so what happened today?" she asked as she continued cooking.

"Um...I'm excited mum." I replied to her, feeling a little shy.

"Hmmmm... seems Lola is a special friend to you. I haven't seen you this excited about having a friend visit us." She said.

"Don't just stand there, join me so we can get the meal ready before she arrives," Mum said as she beckoned me.

"Thanks, Mum, thanks for inviting Lola over. This means a lot to me" I said, after a while of cooking.

She looked at me, smiled, and without saying a word, continued cooking.

We were done preparing the meal when Dad came out of his room.

"Good morning Dad," I said as I brought out the plates to set on the table.

"Good morning Princess." He said and I froze.

What's with the pet names today? Mum and Dad are acting weird. The only time they call me by my pet names is either they want to send me on an errand or they are happy or in a good mood.

"Emm... Dad, do you need me to do anything for you?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"No, why do you ask?" He replied.

"Well, you and Mum only call me by my pet name whenever you want to send me on an errand or you both are in a good mood," I said as I walked closer to him.

He chuckled and replied:

"That's not true! Where did you get that kind of thought from? I always call you my princess. Good mood or not, you are my princess. My Ada."