Excerpts

I dedicate this to EzeenO and Ella_mish for your love and support.

...We said our goodbyes. Just as I turned to go back to the lecture hall, I froze!! I felt my heart beat so hard and fast. It's him! I saw L.D. walking towards me.

"Well, well, well... who do we have here? My mysterious fleeing girl! Do you have any idea, the stress you put me through, searching for you?" He said as he got to where I stood.

For a moment, I was lost for words. I began to shiver and regretted walking far away from my lecture hall. How do I get away from this nasty guy?

"Please, stay away from me! Don't come any closer." I said with a shaky voice.

"And why should I stay away? Huh?" He asked as he moved closer.

I walked back each time he moved closer to me. The first word that popped into my head was:

"RUN!"

I took off running like a wild beast towards only God knows where. I looked back to see him chasing me. I realized my mistake when I had run for a while, that I was heading in the wrong direction when I tried to locate my lecture hall but in vain.

I screamed and yelled at the top of my lungs as I ran:

"Help! Somebody help me please!"

"Stay away! You better not get involved if you don't want to be in trouble!" I heard him yell at the students who tried to come to my aid.

I kept on running till I got to a dead end. My heart skipped the moment I saw the wall. Trembling, I turned around, and as I saw him approaching, I began to mutter:

"Nene, calm down control. Calm down. The pepper spray! Ha! Where is my pepper spray?!..."

I frisked myself and I let out a sigh of relief when I felt the spray bottle. I gently took it out and hid it in my right palm as I clenched my hand into a fist.

"Let him come! I'm ready! Come at me and you will regret ever harassing me." I muttered, as I clenched and ground my teeth out of fear.

He finally got to where I was, panting and gasping for breath.

"You are a very good sprinter, you should compete in the NUGA games or better still, join the National Relay Team." He said as he walked close to me.

"Phew! You just made me realize that I'm not fit and I'll have to consider hitting the gym from now on. That aside, where were we? Aha! I was telling you about my stress. Where the hell did you go? I searched all over for you. And you just, poof!... and disappeared on me like that. What's your problem?" He said as he struggled with his breath.

"Hey! I asked a question. What now? Are you somewhat hard of hearing?" He asked as he took a step closer.

I didn't say a word. I was calculating how best to aim my attack and slip away. I gradually unclenched my fist and tried to position my spray bottle well with my thumb on the spray cap, ready to unleash mayhem.

"Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?" He asked as he took another step towards me.

"Please stay away from me... I'm warning you!" I yelled as I noticed he was by now, so close to my face like he wanted to kiss me.

"I just can't. Why are you so damn pretty?" He said as he raised his forefinger, gently stroking the left side of my cheek.

Gradually, I lifted the spray bottle and as soon as I perceived the right moment to attack, I sprayed the pepper spray first into his eyes then I proceeded to empty the entire content on his face.