Chapter 58

Nene's POV

Lola decided to drive back to the campus while L.D and i joined Soji in his car and we headed to L.D's house at Lekki.

All through the ride, L.D kept on clinging onto me and giving me pecks on my cheek from time to time. I felt so awkward and shy each time i noticed Soji occasionally peek at us through his rear-view mirror.

"Olami, stop... please behave yourself... we've got company." I whispered shyly.

"Hmm... i can't bring myself to stop... i feel very weak... and tired... i need to rest." L.D whispered teasingly as he gave me a kiss on my lips.

"Oh. So you know that... yet you insisted on getting discharged against your doctor's advice. Now, you are clinging onto me as if i'm your bed." I smacked L.D arm slightly.

"Ouch! This is no way to treat a patient." L.D chuckled, robbing the spot on his arm that i smacked. Then his teasing expression changed to a serious one, looking into my eyes, he said slowly:

"You know, I really, really miss you. I almost lost my mind when you told me it was over... i..."

Placing my forefinger on his lips, i interrupted his speech, saying, in a very low tone:

"Shhh. It's all in the past now... Don't bring it up. Let's put it behind us... huh?"

L.D grinned widely as he childishly gave a nod then he rest his head on my shoulder. I soothe his arm as we cuddled passionately. After a while, L.D dozed off.

When we arrived L.D's house, i had to gently tap L.D to wake up.

"Olami. Olami... we are home. Wake up dearie..."

"Geez! goodness! Why did he have to doze off? Who's gonna carry him into the house? Me? You need to wake him up oo... I guess it's his medication taking its effect on him. He shouldn't have insisted on getting discharged." Soji grumbled.

"My love, please wake up... we are home... Olami..." I kept on shaking L.D gently.

"Huh?... yeah, yeah. I'm awake now... ugh! i feel so weak." L.D said, as Soji and i helped him out of the car then we held onto L.D as we walked into the house.

"Easy bro... take it easy... that's it... you're doing great... easy." Soji kept saying as we walked up the stairsteps to L.D's room.

"My love, should i get you something to eat?" I whispered as i helped L.D to lie down on his bed.

"Hmm. No... not yet. I'm ok at the moment. Thanks." L.D replied with a wide smile then he linked his right fingers with mine and pulled me down to sit beside him.

"All i want is for you to be by my side... just like this." He grinned, pulling our linked fingers up to his chest and he gazed into my eyes intensely and alluringly.

I shyly turned my face away from his gaze towards the area where his massage chair was. Immediately, my countenance changed to a sad one as soon as i caught sight of the stupid book... that horrible book that is filled with the names of all his 'escapades'... that stupid 'Catch Book!'... the source of our huge quarrel!

'So he still has this godforsaken book... he kept it?! He hasn't thrown it away!...' I said within me as i clenched my other free hand into a tight fist. I felt my fingernails dig into my palm yet i cared less about the pain it inflicted.

"I... i.... still kept that godforsaken book... i didn't throw it away because... i... i wanted to get rid of it in your presence." L.D replied slowly with a very low tone, stuttering as he echoed my inner thoughts.