Chapter 62

Ola's POV

"Yo!! Bro!! What's up with the delay? I thought you'd be all dressed up by now?... what's this? Don't tell me you're going to YOUR PARTY DRESSED LIKE THIS?!... RIPPED JEANS?!, T-SHIRT?!... and of all colours to choose, you chose to wear all-BLACK! Are you going to a funeral? For crying out loud, Ola, IT'S A FORMAL THEME!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, RIGHT NOW?!" Soji looked so shocked at the way i'm casually dressed.

"Of course, i know it's a formal theme. But hey, like you said, it's my party! MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!! I should be given an opportunity to dress as i deem fit! These past years mum has always taken over my birthday parties! She's been the one who decides the 'where, how, what and when' of all my birthday parties! So, what's the point of me going there, when i know she has already made her usual plans to invite top dignitaries to my party so she could seal her business deals, make new business connections or hook me up with a spoilt daughter of one of those moguls so she could be my 'would-be' life partner. Guy, please let me be. This year, I'm only going along with mum's plan because i know for sure that my precious Angel, Nene, will be there... but you know that every year, i usually 'breeze-into' the party venue just so i'll please mum then i bounce outta there immediately and we go do our thing. So, what's with your surprise look, now? Huh?" I smirked then turned to face my standing mirror to check out my reflection.

"Why do you derive so much pleasure hurting mum? You know this yearly actions of yours hurts her badly. Why can't you just do something that will make her happy for once? Must you come up with a rebellious plan every year? I don't like this at all... it hurts me so bad whenever i see you treat her this way... this attitude towards her is what gets on my nerves. She doesn't deserve this treatment from you. She..."

"Ha-ha?! Duro na! Egba mi!! Se ko si?! Ewo tuni oro alabosi t'o nse bayi? Oro oloro lo gbe sori bi tie!! See me see gbege! Which one come be your own inside? Na your mama?! Na she born you ni? Why you come dey cry more than the bereaved? Guy! Maintain you lane, joor! Noor make me vex oo. See, you can't know or love my mum more than i do! Drop this shit, right now! You know whenever you bring this up, it doesn't go down well with me... so why bring it up? It's bad enough that i tolerate all the attention she gives you instead of giving me, HER SON!... and here you are, rubbing the shit in my face... of ALL DAYS... on my BIRTHDAY!! Are you now more of her son than i am? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I interjected angrily.

(P.S: "Ha-ha?!... Duro na! Egba mi!! Se ko si?! Ewo tuni oro alabosi t'o nse bayi? Oro oloro lo gbe sori bi tie!! See me see gbege! Which one come be your own inside? Na your mama?! Na she born you ni? Why you come dey cry more than the bereaved? Guy! Maintain you lane, joor! Noor make me vex oo..."

This is a mix of Nigerian Pidgin English and Yoruba Language which translate to mean:

"Ha-ha!... Wait oo! Help/ save me! Hope there's nothing?! What's with the lipservice you are doing right now? You are dwelling on my problem as if its yours. What kind of trouble is this? What's your business? Is she your mum?! Is she the one who gave birth to you? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Guy! Please, mind your business! Don't get me angry oo...")

"Bro, relax. I didn't mean it that way... i was only feeling concerned that she will be very upset when you show up dressed like this and you know she has blood pressure issues." Soji replied slowly.

I scoffed sarcastically then said:

"Look, i know how much she loves you more than me. She never cease to praise and applaud you in my presence... making me look like i'm not good enough. You should know better not to start this your overzealous show of affection for my mum, right now... and of all days, on my BIRTHDAY! Are you for real?! Don't fucking ruin my mood! If you are done with your 'good-son' speech, go start the fucking car engine and let's go to the party 'your sweet-caring' mum set up for her 'not-too-good-of-a-son'."