But I'm Enjoying Making Ban use His Last Brain Cell

- Meliodas's Pov -

"One day I will marry you. Because if I am being truthful. I think you are my mate" Elizabeth blushed. My mouth flapped open. I'm Ellie's... Mate?
"I'm your mate?" That was all I could say.
"Yeah" Ellie shuffled closer to me and held my hands "Meliodas. I have been in love with you since forever"
"Really?"
"Yeah" I took my hands out of Ellie's and placed them on her face. She no longer flinched from my touch. I planted a kiss on her soft lips.
"You know I love you" I spoke softly as I pulled away slightly from Ellie. Ellie snaked her arms around my neck "So I'm your mate and you are mine"
"Really?" Ellie tilted her head at me "And I love you"
"I wouldn't just ask anyone to be my Queen when I have to take over from Dad" I flung myself backwards. I pulled Ellie with me so she could lay on my chest. I could feel her face burning.
"Ask me in a few years about the Queen thing but I still want forever with you"
"You know we have to tell people sooner or later" Ellie hugged my waist.
"But I'm enjoying making Ban use his last brain cell" I rolled my eyes. Ellie let out a small sigh.
"Well, then I am telling the girls. I hate keeping secrets and I am pretty sure they will help wind Ban up"
"Elaine won't" I stared at Ellie's head. I started to run my fingers through her hair. Ellie moved her head slightly up so that I could stare into her eyes.
"Yeah, she will. Trust me" Ellie smirked.
"Okay but Ban better not find out till we completely mess with him"
"He won't" Ellie sat up and straddled me. Both hands are on either side of my face. I placed my hands on her hips "Oh by the way. The answer to your question that started this entire conversation. Yeah, I'll sleep in the same bed as you"

It was well into the night shift at The Boar Hat. Diane and King were on the floor, taking orders and serving customers. Ban was cooking and I was at the bar with Ellie.
"Hey, Can I get a meat pie and chips and a steak and chips for table 3?" Diane read from a notebook.
"Table 2 wants 3 veggie burgers" King spoke as well.
"Okay, I'll take the orders to Ban" I patted Ellie's bum. I smirked at Diane and King as I walked off. I could hear them giving Ellie the third degree. I walked into the kitchen.
"Hey, Ban. We need Meat pie and chips and a steak and chips for table 3 and Table 2 wants 3 veggie burgers"
"On it" Ban spoke as he ran around the kitchen "Why is Diane grilling Ellie?"
"No idea" I put the paper on the counter and went to walk out.
"Oh FYI. Zhivago has the results back from the DNA test" Ban whistled as he worked. I stopped in my tracks.
"He did? Is he or Bartra... Ellie's Dad? or neither?" I choked.
"It's Zhivago. He was meant to come to tell her but he got called to the north on business. Ellie is officially my baby sister" Ban cheered as he chopped the tomatoes "Wanna tell her for me? I gotta cook"
"Sure" I left the kitchen to find that some man was chatting with Ellie. My inner demon growled.
"So. Sir, what can I get for you?" Ellie wiped a glass.
"Mug of Ale and you if you are offering" The man slurred. He started to smirk as he tried to grab at Ellie.
"Sorry I am not available and I think you have had enough to drink" Ellie spoke calmly.
"Come on girly, We all not what barmaids are like" The man hiccuped. I went to launch at him but someone was holding me back. I looked back and saw King's hand on my shirt.
"King what are you doing"
"Ellie can handle this. Besides, We don't need you going all Demon on us. Ellie ain't on her own" King whispered as he pointed. I looked up and noticed Diane making her way to the bar "We only get involved when he touches them"
"That ain't what a man does for his woman" I hissed as I shook King's hand away "Ain't we meant to protect the women we love from assholes like him"
"Are you dating Ellie?" King whispered. his eyes wide. I glared at him, Unsure whether to answer.
*Thud*
I spun around to see Ellie holding a metal tray and standing over the man, Who was now on the floor.
"For the last time, I said I am not available" Ellie snapped. She then turned to me "Meliodas, Will you please throw this thing out?"
"Yes Ma'am" I saluted. I will admit. I was a little turned on by the fact Ellie was well, Not being Ellie. I grabbed the man by the collar and belt and hoisted him out the door.

I flung the man into the bushes outside the bar.
"And for good measure! You are barred!" I wanted to kill this man for going near my woman. But I knew that my dad didn't want to spend the money to bail me out of jail. Or get Ban to break me out.

I walked back into the bar and Ellie was nowhere to be seen. I looked at Diane who just pointed upstairs. I nodded once. I made my way to the stairs.
"What did you do to the guy?" Diane whispered as she grabbed my upper arm.
"I didn't kill him if that's what you wanna know. Even though I wanted to" I growled. I turned my head to the right and looked at the clock and then at the customers "Shout last calls. Everyone can leave. Am going to see Ellie" I ordered. I couldn't see King anywhere. I guess he went to tell Ban what happened.

I calmly went upstairs and found Ellie on the sofa. She was crying. She also had her arms wrapped around herself. I hated seeing her like that. Why did I let King stop me? I should have been there. Made her stay behind the bar or better still, Got her to give Ban the orders.
"Hey Ellie" I put my hands in my pockets as I walked to the sofa "You okay?" Ellie wiped her face with the palm of her hand. Leaving one hand wrapped around her top half.
"Yeah, Just need a minute" she sniffled. I sat down next to her.
"I shouldn't have left you. I should have made King or Diane take the orders to Ban" I wrapped my arms around her.
"You can't always babysit me. And I can defend myself. Not very well but I can hit people with an ARK. I didn't mean to come up here and cry. I needed to get a new top. Dumb bastard ripped it open" Ellie removed her arms. Her top was in shreds. At least her bra was intact. I would have struggled to keep my mark from appearing if the bloke had ripped it open.
"I knew I should have killed him" I snarled. Ellie wrapped her arms around my neck. Her scent calmed me. I hid my face in her hair.
"And that wouldn't make you any better than that lowlife" Ellie stroked the back of my head. This is what Ellie does to calm me down.
"Wasn't I the one who was meant to be calming you?" I mumbled.
"I'll be fine. Do you know if there are any spare tops around here?" Ellie sighed. I lifted my head up and pouted as I tried to think.
"No but you can wear mine" I spoke as I unbuttoned my shirt. Ellie blushed as I went to hand it to her "Why are you blushing? You've seen me shirtless before"
"Not since we were kids. You're ripped" Ellie stuttered as put the shirt on over hers.
"You couldn't tell I had muscles before? Anyway, You would have seen me shirtless eventually" I shrugged as Ellie turned a deeper shade of red "What? I sleep shirtless and ain't you meant to be in bed tonight or am in yours?"
"My god. You are going to kill me" Ellie mumbled "And it depends whose bed is comfier" The shirt didn't quite do up over her boobs so Ellie tied it under her breasts and used her uniform tie to cover as much as she could, "I think this will be fine till I get home"
"I'm going to rethink the uniform design" I announced "Oh before I forget, Ban said that Zhivago got the results of the DNA test. I was about to tell you about you hit that dude with a tray"
"I'm Zhivago's Or Bartra's daughter?" Ellie gulped as she tightly gripped my hands.
"Zhivago's. He wanted to tell you himself but he got called away to the north. Ban was meant to do it but he chickened out"
"Typical" Ellie rolled her eyes.
"I've also got the guys to kick everyone out of the bar. Just got clean up and lock up" I stood up. Pulling her up with me. I moved in to kiss her when I heard someone running up the stairs. It was Diane.
"You better get down there. There's some creepy old man asking for Ellie. Ban's about to go on a murder spree" Diane pointed to the stairs.
"Where is Elizabeth?" A voice spoke.
"I know that voice from somewhere" I looked at Ellie. Her face was white.
"He's found me"