Chapter 43 : Holiday

: holiday :

: a day of festivity

_____

The children were laughing, the buildings were brightly lit, and not a single frown could be found.

"Good morning, Naruto-senpai!"

"Good morning!" Naruto greeted back at the children who ran passed him.

He just finsihed eating his morning ramen, he couldn't be happier with the kick-start of his morning! The warm broth of the ramen really was perfect with the cold winter air.

Decorations were already being put up, and cheerful little songs were being played in streets.

"A-Ah! Kiba-kun! Shino-kun! Stop!"

Naruto looked up and saw Hinata with her arms held out to both sides, and behind her were Shino and three Kibas with bags and boxes im their arms that were covering up to their heads.

"What?! Why?!" The real Kiba asked as he stuck his leg out and tried to find out what was in front of them, "Is it a wall?!"

"No..." Hinata said as she maneuvered them around, "A puddle... Y-You two might slip"

"And die?" Kiba asked, making her yelp and correct him, "N-No..! Just slip"

Naruto laughed and walked up to them, "Hey, guys!"

"Oh! Naruto-kun!" Hinata cheered as she smiled at him, "Good morning"

"Hey, Naruto!" Kiba greeted, lowering the boxes to peak from behind it, "Happy almost Rinne!"

"What's up with the stuff?" The blonde asked as his eyes studied each boxes, "Shopping spree, Hinata?"

"N-No!" She immediately denied as her cheeks burned red, "J-Just buying gifts for our clans and friends, is all"

"That explains all of those!" Naruto laughed as he made four clones, "Lemme help you guys out!"

"The help is very much appreciated" Shino said as he gave him a nod, making Kiba laugh and say "You've got strong holiday spirit, man! Thanks!"

"No problem!" The blonde cheered as each of him cut the others' loads by more than half.

_____

Seven years consecutively, the people of Konoha have failed to properly celebrate the Rinne Festival due to the tensions from the past couple of years. So, this year, and with the help of Kakashi's proposal, the entire village agreed to make this year happened.

Instead of just honoring those who have passed on, it was also made to thank those who are still there.

It was usually a quiet festival, dimly lit by lanterns, flowers that survives the cold designed, and memorials of those of who are not anymore present were everywhere.

But, this year, they plan to bring life to it. Make it a lively festival, for friends and families to get together and enjoy each other's companies.

Only volunteers are going on missions the entire festival, and shop owners even cut the prices on their items.

A true festival where everyone gets along.

_____

"No, Naruto" Kakashi said, not even looking up from the laptop.

"W-What?!" Naruto yelled as he jumped back in shock, "What do you mean 'no', sensei?!"

"I'm saying, you're not taking any missions this festival" The Hokage said, "You're staying"