Chapter 6 : Ambidextrous

: Ambidextrous :

: Using both hands with equal dexterity.

_____

It was as if it's his first time to eat ramen again.

Naruto's eyes looked at the bowl of fresh and steaming ramen laid on the table for him.

"Are you for real, oji-san?" Naruto asked as he looked at the old man with big blue eyes that, for a shinobi such as himself, was filled with innocence "This one's on the house?"

Teuchi laughed and nodded "Of course, Naruto! Consider it as a 'thank you for saving the world' gift"

"Really?!" Naruto cheered loudly "You just opened up again after renovation and I get a free ramen?!"

"Yep!" Teuchi laughed as Ayame giggled beside her father.

That look on Naruto's face. Teuchi can remember when he served that blonde his first ramen when he was still a little boy, and now, Naruto had the same look.

Come to think of it, Teuchi watched Naruto grow up. Boy, did he feel old.

One moment a toddler looks into the shop hopefully, and then the next thing he knew, that kid is turning into a man who already saved the world and ended war.

"Then don't mind me!" Naruto laughed as he swiped a chopstick from the set.

Teuchi nodded and said "We'll be in the kitchen to prepare more ramen, alright?!"

"Yeah, sure!" Naruto nodded with a wide grin.

Biting one of the chopsticks and pulling it apart, splitting it in two, Naruto then cheered "Itadakimasu!"

Drop

Naruto's eyes widen in surprise as one of the sticks fell from his hand.

He wasn't left handed. He just remembered.

He felt sad.

He didn't realize how much he lost when he lost his right arm.

He lost the ability to eat ramen.

No!

Naruto quickly picked it up and tried to mimic the way he used to hold his chopsticks. It was hard, that's for sure, but he needs to eat ramen!

"Come on" He said as he kept twisting his fingers to get a good grip on it, "This looks good enough"

He nodded and dipped the two pieces of thin wood into the broth, and tried to lift it up, only to accidentally let go of both.

The hot broth splashed little bits to Naruto's face.

Now he wanted to be ambidextrous. Like that damn Sasuke.

His face scrunched in disgust. Of all the people, Sasuke? Really?!

With one more attempt to pick up the noodles, he groaned. Key word, attempt.

His mouth curved down into a frown.

Now he's considering dipping his face in!

"Naruto-kun?"

Naruto turned and immediately smiled "Hinata! What are you doing here?"

"I-I heard that Ichiraku's open again, so I figured I should grab a bite..." She said with a soft and gentle smile.

The smile that made him forget his worries. In short, Hinata's smile.

He nodded and patted the sit beside him "Here! We can sit next to each other!"