Chapter 31 : Probe

*WARNING: Mature content and topics. Graphic depiction of death and murder. Triggering. Mention of trauma and non-con.

: probe :

: to try and get information

_____

"Bye, Hinata! Bye, Naruto! You two better behave!!!" Kiba yelled as he waved enthusiastically at the duo who were waving back with matching smiles whilst Akamaru howled in the same energy.

"-And don't forget to-!" Sakura cut herself off and sighed in defeat "Nevermind... I should've told Hinata instead of Naruto"

"Correct. Why?" Shino said "Because Naruto would not remember all the procedures and information"

Off in the distance, Naruto awkwardly laughed as he crossed his arms, "They're treating us as if we're going on a long vacation, dattebayo"

"Let them be, Naruto-kun" Hinata giggled "Kiba-kun and Shino-kun are always like that, and I bet Sakura-san is worried, too"

Alright, so here's the situation here...

Naruto and Hinata have been sent on a mission together, because, according to Shikamaru, the obnoxious blonde just isn't ready to take on solo missions until the Kyūbi is showing signs of being active again.

Because knowing Naruto? A simple C-ranked scroll delivery mission could turn to S-ranked battlefield.

So, Kakashi made Hinata, who just so happened to walk in to file in her renewed profile during the mission briefing, escort Naruto to the Hidden Lime Village.

"Besides," Hinata said as she looked up at him "Naruto-kun, we still are yet to see if your new arm is completely capable to keep up with you"

"Oh come on, you too?" Naruto deadpanned "I told'ya already, didn't I? I already made hundreds of Rasengans with this, and not a scratch! Well... Aside from the bandages"

The Hyūga fell silent before she clapped her hands enthusiastically, "I can give you some wraps from the compound. Like the ones Neji-nii-san used to constantly wear. They're perfectly designed to withstand the Jūken, which means it lets chakra pass through and not break within strong impact, like raging rivers through mesh..!"

The Uzumaki could almost laugh at her enthusiasm. Hinata might be rebellious to most of the Hyūga traditions, but she's still a Hyūga. She still holds pride when it comes to her clan, whether it be their Taijutsu, Dōjutsu, or even down to their materials.

It's a mystery amongst many on how Hyūgas can emit strong chakra from all of their chakra points yet their clothes don't get ruined. But thanks to Hinata, Naruto learned that they use specialized cloth that are durable to chakra, from their mission gears and traditional clothes up to their casual clothes, goes to show how prepared they are to fight at all times.

But it was a material only they use and know how to make, part of one of the millions of secrets the Hyūga keep from the outside world.

"That's awesome!" Naruto cheered "I'd be cutting my bill by half if I had one of those! You're so awesome, Hinata!"

"I-It's nothing" Hinata bashfully said as a blush crept to her face "Father wouldn't mind as long as you don't sell it"

"Mahh, of course not! I make my own money!" The blonde proudly said.

Land of Lime was not too far away from the Hidden Leaf, and they are trading partners for fruits and spices for medicine and technology.

And since Konohagakure had been back on its feet from the war, they're prepared to trade medicines and modern technology again. Not only were there new buildings, but there were also studies and researches in the Leaf, they were starting to create mass communication systems and entertainment via portable technology.