Konoha Stories 5 : "Hokage Seat"

"Huh?!?! Me?!"

The birds flew away from nearby the Hokage's Mansion, startled.

"Yes, you" Tsunade said as she leaned back in her chair, "You're taking over, Kakashi"

"But why me?" Kakashi asked as he scratched the back of his head "Shouldn't Naruto be your successor? B-Besides! I still have to finish rereading the entire 'Icha-Icha' series!"

"Look, that Gaki is still busy enjoying life after the war as how a real teen should, plus, he is still missing an arm" The Senju pointed out, "It would be cruel of us to give the hat to him now when he's still recovering from all the trauma"

"Still, me?" The Hatake asked, "Gai is an option, he's got free time on his hands, Tsunade-sama"

"Are you crazy?!" The Hokage screamed, "If I make Gai Hokage, everyone would be wearing spandex!"

"You're right..." The Jònin hissed as he stroked his chin, "Gai would do that... The problem is not even his broken legs"

With a heavy sigh, Tsunade pointed at Kakashi, "Listen here, Kakashi! I might look young, but I sure ain't! I don't wanna rot here in this office! I've still got gambling to do!"

She stood up from her seat and said, "Just warm up the seat for your dear student for a while, will 'ya? Just until he's ready"

"..." Kakashi contemplated, before sighing in defeat, "Just warming up the seat, right?"

"Yeah, give the Gaki a little more time until he's ready. When he's twenty, perhaps" Tsunade said, "I bet he'd be all ready and set in three years tops!"

"Three years?!" Kakashi asked in shock, Tsunade stomped her foot and yelled "Hey! I've done four years! That would be less than mine!"

"But-" "Just accept it already or I'll punch you to the moon!" "Y-Yes, ma'am!"

The Hatake deeply groaned, immediately regretting his decision as soon as he signed the contract, eyeing the stacks of paperwork that was soon to be his.

"It's okay. It's okay!" He thought, trying to reassure himself, "It's not like I'm Hokage... I'm just warming the seat for Naruto! Three years is just for a while, right?"

Then- It hit him.

Tsunade's words echoed in his head-

"I bet he'd be all ready and set in three years tops!"

"I bet he'd be all ready and set...!"

"I bet he'd be all ready...!"

"I bet...!"

"I bet...!"

"I bet!"

He's doomed.

_____

Up next:

"-"