Chapter 25 : Hectic

: hectic :

: very busy and filled with activity

_____

Naruto's blue eyes scanned over the document carefully yet quickly, skillfully deciding in which stack of papers he should pile it with.

Approve.

Disapprove.

His hand held the next proposal as his other reached out his caffeinated tea.

Since when did he drink caffeine?

"After that, you'd be checking over the schedule" Kakashi said as he made a quick check at Naruto's 'approved' file before signing it, "Then carry on to the mission reports"

Well - Since he started his official Hokage Training.

Naruto didn't expect it not to be hard, but no one said it would be stressful!

No wonder Tsunade drunk often. Who'd want to remember all of these when it's already done with?

"And in between these," The current Hokage continued, "You'd be having visitors from time to time, either for mission briefing, urgent news, unstopped complainant, or..."

Naruto raised a brow as he diverted his gaze from the document to the Hokage, "Or?"

"People like you suddenly decided it would be fun to bother the Hokage" Kakashi said, making Naruto flinch and scratch the back of his neck, "Gee, sensei! Now that you said that, those days are over, dattebayo!"

"Not until the day your child comes along" The Hatake thought as his eye twitched "But I'll make sure you'd be the one sitting here dealing with it"

- - - - -

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

"Aww man! I lost again, kore!"

Konohamaru rolled on the grass as he continued to whine, both Moegi and Udon held back their laughter so that they could make their friend feel even just a little bit better for losing.

"Konohamaru-kun, Udon-kun, Moegi-san!"

The three turned with bright smiles and waved at the kunoichi rushing to them, "Hinata-nee-chan!!!"

"What's up, Hinata-nee-chan?!" Konohamaru asked as the out if breath young woman stopped in front of them, she forced a smile and said "Good morning. Konohamaru-kun, all Chūnin available should act around the village as volunteers to any construction"

"Ah..." The brunette boy dramatically said "The burden of awesomeness... Gotta run then! Can't be future Hokage if I slack off, kore!"

"Neh, neh, nee-chan" Moegi asked with a bright smile "Are you helping the Hokage today?"

"I-I think so" Hinata shyly admitted "Honestly, I've been doing chores for Hokage-sama for the past week. I don't know why, but Shizune-san and Hokage-sama calls it as my training"

"That's a coincidence, huh?" Udon said as he sniffed "Naruto-nii-san is under training too"

The Hyūga then took out a tissue from her kunai pouch and successfully cleaned the boy's nose, she sighed and said "Indeed... We hardly ever see him these days"

"Nee-chan, what are you training for?" The little girl pressed, making the older one hold her cheek and admit "I don't know, myself"

"Hinata-san! Quit slacking off!" Shizune yelled from a distance "There's still a lot of stuff to do, and when you're finally handling the job, you can't afford to dilly-dally!"