Chapter 15 : Relaxed

: Relaxed :

: informal and comfortable.

_____

Hinata climbed up the little hill and sat beneath the shade of a tree.

She hummed to the sound of the leaves rustling and the birds chirping.

Hinata pressed her back against the tree and breathed out a sigh of relaxation, sliding down and sat rather roughly as she stretched her legs out.

She closed her eyes and let the nature embrace her.

"Ooooi!!! Hinata!"

Hinata opened her eyes, her pearly orbs sparkling in joy, recognizing the voice.

She got on all fours and crawled a little out of the shade, peeking down the hill.

She smiled as she saw him waving ecstatically at her from the foot of the hill with his usual large smile.

Hinata shifted her weight to her left arm as she raised her right to wave back at him.

Hinata got back to her previous spot and sat back down casually, waiting for him to get there as she waved her feet side to side to count the seconds in a childish manner.

She then saw him sat next to her with his legs crossed at the corner of her eyes, she then looked at him and greeted sweetly "Good morning, Naruto-kun"

"Mornin'!" Naruto cheered happily "You seem to be in a good mood today!"

"Yes" She nodded "I feel like this is the place where I can loosen up a bit... A safe haven, perhaps"

Naruto did notice she did look laid back. Her sweater was almost like a dress on her that already reached her waist and she was wearing bicycle shorts like the ones Sakura wears.

He also noticed her shoes laid next to her bag on the other side of the tree. He was pretty sure those were the same shoes she wore years ago.

Overall, Naruto thought as he smiled brightly at her, "She's all cute today!"

Naruto shrugged and kicked his shoes off, a bit more carelessly laid on the ground than Hinata's.

Naruto had been discovering different sides of Hinata eversince the war ended. She was always gentle, poised, and very formal. He was happy to know that there's also a laid back Hinata, who almost looks like one of those carefree girls in the books that will soon embark on a magical journey.

He then looked around. They were surrounded by nature and the tree offered them shade from the gentle warmth of the sun.

"This place really suits you, dattebayo!" He voiced out his thoughts "Hyūga Hinata!"

Hinata only lightly blushed and giggled in response.

Naruto took note. Hinata isn't loud like the others, but she really likes getting comfy.

"It's just so relaxing here..." She said as she watched her feet sway side to side "It's really nice to get away from traditions sometimes. Away from the bustling village sometimes..."

She then rolled and laid on her stomach, resting her head on top of her arms as she looked down the hill, she sighed and said "And with all the repairs, missions, and events lately... Not everyone gets to relax..."

Naruto then crawled to her other side and laid down on his back while using his arm as his own pillow. His blue eyes then looked up to the side and saw her with a distant yet completely satisfied look.

The only sound they both made was their breathing and Hinata's feet swaying up and down alternately.

This got Naruto curious.