thirty

emily's pov

As soon as we sat up on that spot, the spot that was so special to JJ that she had to drag me up here on crutches, I knew it would be something extremely important. Is she about propose? Or is she gonna break up with me? I shouldn't be so worried. But it's way to early for her to propose, right? We've only been together for at least a couple months so that seems crazy. But then again, I do admit that I'm in love with JJ, so this actually wouldn't be a bad thing. But what if she's breaking up with me? Nothing detrimental has happened in our relationship, then again she could just be tired of me. I just hope I say the right things.

"Em, I have a question", JJ said. I could see her fingers fumbling around in her pocket, and I was about to start sweating. "Yeah, what's up?", I questioned her.

She stood up, enclosing something in her fist. While awkwardly standing, looking down at me, she said, "Em, I know we haven't been 'together' for as long as normal relationships. However, we've been friends and stuff for so long, I think this just feels right"

A tear, of what I know is happiness, fell down her cheek. JJ dropped down onto her left knee, and rested her hands on her right knee. A tear fell down my face, and I wiped it off with my sleeve. Usually, JJ was the emotional one of us, so it was weird that I found myself crying. "Emily Prentiss, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. A-and, I never want to lose you. Ever", She said. All of the sudden I forgot how to speak, so I smiled. "Dear god, please say yes", JJ told me, rolling her eyes and wiping a tear. "Y-yes. Yes, JJ" I replied. She took the simple ring from the box she had, and slid it on my finger.

JJ said back down beside me, and kissed me. When I tried to keep going, she whispered, "I love you" "I love you too", I said while keeping my hands on her face. "The teams here" JJ announced. "What?" I said. Then I saw two SUVs come around the side of the road, and then team popped out.

Penelope looked at JJ and mouthed: "did she say yes?". JJ nodded and smiled as she pulled her hair into a ponytail. Then seconds later there was confetti flying everywhere, courtesy of Garcia, Morgan, and Reid, who hobbled out of the car, also on crutches and covered in other bandages. Rossi walked over and handed us a bottle of fancy red wine and said, "Now you gotta go get Jennifer a ring, Prentiss". I laughed, then Sandy came out from the backseat of one of the cars. JJ stood up, and walked over to her, hugged her, then came back to me.

I could tell Sandy was proud, and I was so happy for JJ. At the same time, though, I was jealous because my mom would never be the same. I hugged JJ, still sitting on the ground, but then she helped me get onto my feet.

"This would be better if I wasn't on crutches, you know" I said as we walked to the team. "Yeah, but if you said no you couldn't have run away" JJ said. "JJ!", I laughed at her.

After that, we heard Garcia say, "Party time!!".

jj's pov

"Thanks, Penelope" I said as she handed me a wrapped present. I wasn't expecting a gift, nor did Em and I need anything, but I accepted it anyway. My mom also handed me something small. Em and I thanked her, and talked around with the rest of the team.

"Can I talk to you guys for a moment? I'll be quick-don't want to ruin anything", Hotch said. "Of course", I said. Em silently agreed. "Now, I am all in favor of this relationship, and I have very happy for you guys. However, when we are on an active case or in the BAU, I have to ask that you guys try not to let any parts of this relationship affect your work efforts. Again, sorry for being a buzzkill", Hotch said, making eye contact with both of us. "Oh, uh, certainly. We'll try our best to keep it separate" Em told him. "Yes, we won't let it get in the way" I added. "Great. I knew you guys would be okay with this. I look forward to seeing you both back next week, Prentiss with Garcia of course", Hotch said. We both smiled, and Rossi told us all we could go to dinner, on him.