fourteen

emily's pov

I heard the car doors slam shut when JJ and I sat down in the two front seats. Garcia is taking her own car, so it was just us. There's lots of shops and boutiques downtown and we hadn't decided which one we were going to first yet so we were just going to browse around after we met up when we parked our cars. JJ was eating a bag of Cheetos as she turned on the radio and tuned it to a pop station. It was funny to me that she is always eating cheetos no matter where she is or what she's doing, but I really think they are gross.

"So em, I think it's time that we decide If you're going to keep staying over or if you're going back home" JJ said, looking over into my eyes. Even though we've only been dating less than a couple weeks, I didn't want to leave JJ, but at the same time I didn't know how to answer that question. "Jayje, you know I don't want to leave, but would it be better for our work if we didn't stay together? Ahh whatever. I think I'll just stay." I answered thoughtfully. 

"Good because I don't want you to leave" She said "I guess we will need to go get a bunch more of your clothes and stuff though, unless you want to wear only one pair of shoes. But I really don't hate sharing clothes" we laughed at each other as we pulled into the parking nearest the shops. I removed the key from the ignition and got out first. I walked out over to JJ's door and opening it for her, I waved my hand and jokingly said "For you my lady". She chuckled and stepped out of the car and onto the pavement.

As we walked away I pulled her into a hug and kissed her on the cheek. She smiled sweetly, and then gave me a kiss back. Just then Garcia found us and came over. "I saw that, lovebirds"  She said, taunting us. JJ laughed and said "Oops, guess you'll have to live with that memory" "Yep" I told her "you'll have to live with that". "Well I don't mind that" Penelope said, "I'm just glad that both of my best friends are happy and found a person" We all smiled at each other and turned around, walking towards a little boutique. 

We each went into a few different shops and got different things. Garcia of course came out of multiple stores with gifts for almost everyone she knows, especially for us. "I overheard you say that you guys are going to stay with each other at JJ's apartment, so I got you some house warming gifts." Penelope said, smiling from ear to ear. "Penelopeee, we don't need anything, and it's not like we're home that much anyway" JJ told her, still accepting the gifts though. "Thank you" I said, not really knowing what to say. 

jj's pov

Garcia said that she overheard us say that we were going to keep staying with each other at my house, and she just bombarded us with a bunch of 'house warming' gifts. We told her thank you but I really have no idea what to do with all this stuff. Emily and I each got a couple long sleeve shirts and a pair of pants, knowing that we'd probably end up sharing them anyway. Aside from what Garcia got for us, she got herself a couple dresses and some extravagant earrings and necklaces to go with them. 

We shopped around for an hour or two and then we decided to go to local bar and restaurant  called O'Keefe's to get some lunch, but definitely no drinks. We sat down at a table that was outside. It was cold, but it felt good enough to stay outside. The waiter came by and took our drink order, and we all got water. When he came back, I order a regular Caesar salad, Em got a weird type of soup, and Penelope got the house salad. We always come to this place for team gatherings so we knew what food was good and what food was bad, so we ordered the most delicious foods.

Once we finished we stacked all of the dishes and the waiter brought us our bill. "Do you want to split the bill? 3 ways?" The waiter asked. "Uh two" Emily said "you can put ours together" she said, pointing to herself and me. "And I'll get mine" Penelope said. "Em" I told her "you don't need to do that, I could have gotten it" "I know you could have JJ" Em replied "But I love you, so I got it for you. You're welcome." "Thank you" I said, smiling at her. 

We stayed at the table talking for a while. It was getting closer to the evening now and we figured it would be best if we left soon. We all stood up at the same time and started walking to our cars. It's really nice how we got to spend this weekend together because I missed working with Penelope and our girls nights. Em and I walked PG over to her car which was on the other side of the parking lot. "Bye Penelope! I can't wait till tomorrow. See you bright and early!" Emily and I each said goodbye and we walked back to Emily's car.

"So you want to go to your house now?" I asked her, even though she was the one driving. "Yeah, I guess I'll just pack another bag" Em said, smiling. Her house wasn't far from where we were so we got there pretty quick. She parked on the street and we walking in together holding hands, like we'd been doing almost every where we went. Somehow we were both worried about the team and our families finding out, but we didn't care who else knew. In fact, it's like we were excited for people to know, excited to not hide anything anymore.

{I liked adding Penelope into this one;)}