three

jj's pov

"Fancy" I heard Emily say from the other side of our temporary apartment. The team assigned Emily and I to go undercover as a couple to assist in finding our insane unsub. We decided to go out for dinner tonight and now we are both getting dressed to go to a high-scale restaurant. 

"How's this dress?" Emily asked from the closet. In my head, I was going crazy. She looked so fantastic in this tight red dress. I wanted to say that she was so hot and tell her how much I really liked her, but instead, giggling, I said "Gorgeous." She replied "You look awesome too". I had on a black knee length dress but nothing really special. All I said back was "Thank you, Em." Then we kinda laughed at each other and just stared into each other's eyes for a moment. "Well," Emily said, "Let's go".

"Should we hold hands? Or is that weird?" Emily said looking at me. "I think it'll help with the whole couple thing" I replied back. I think we both wanted to hold hands, for real, and not pretend.  We were walking to the closest restaurant, which happened to be Italian. As we were approaching the door, Emily turned to me and said "Let me get the door for you". "Thank you", I said back. The restaurant was covered in Italian decor like vines, fake grapes, and lots of paintings with words neither of us could understand. We walked up to the host and he said "Table for two, ladies?" In unison we both said back "Yes, thank you." 

We were sat at a table towards the front of the restaurant right in front of a window with a thin set of curtains. We contemplated over the menu for while but we are both picky so when the waiter came up to us and asked what we wanted to order, we both ordered regular spaghetti and we each got a glass of expensive red wine and a water. The drinks came first and after we thanked the waiter Emily looked at me and smiled. "What do you think of all this? The 'dating', I mean." I didn't know how to answer. "I don't know I think its-" The waiter cut me off. "Here is you spaghetti ladies, let us know if you need anything else." "Thank you", Emily said back to him before she started talking to me again.

"So, what do you think?" "Em I really don't know. I love you as a friend and all but this has felt different. Good different, but different." "Jayje, I love you too. I need to tell you something though. Something I'm surprised no one has figured out, especially because we are all profilers." Em said while half giggling and half whimpering.

emily's pov

Now's the time. I'm about to tell someone one of the biggest secrets of my life and I have no idea what to say. "JJ, I'm gay. I'm so sorry for keeping this secret from you but I was so scared." "Em," JJ said calmly, "I'm sorry you thought you couldn't say anything but you should know that that could never change anything, for worse at least." "What do you mean for worse, JJ?" I asked slightly confused. "I mean, I think I'm not straight too... I don't know." She said back, cautiously. I thought for a moment, and then I decided I should tell her more, and maybe even help her. "Have you ever been with someone other than a man Jayje?" I asked, trying not to seem suspicious. "Once. In college. It was a rough time. After my parents lost Ros, they were very careful about how they raised me. Once in college they fo-" I interrupted her. "JJ, you don't have to say any of this" but she continued. "I want to, it feels good to finally tell someone. When I was in college my parents figured out I was dating a girl. When they heard about it, they repeatedly told me it was a phase and that I just needed to find the right man. My dad told me that to him me being with a girl was like losing his only other daughter, and I just couldn't ruin his life like that, so I broke up with her and told them I was sorry." At this point we were both half crying. I paid for the meal and neither of a spoke until we were almost back to the apartment. 

As much as I wanted to console JJ, I realized something else. This man seemed to be on the street relatively close to us, and that shouldn't have mattered, but he was also there on our way to the restaurant. I grabbed JJ's arm and pulled her closer to me. I whispered in her ear "I promise we will talk as soon as we get into the apartment, but right now we need to focus on the case. This man behind us seems like he's following us so we need to stay calm but we should probably call Hotch." JJ being her smart self said "No, that's too suspicious. Let's just talk and we can call when we get back." JJ then pulled out her phone and said "Smile!" This was her sneaky way of taking a picture of this guy so we could figure out if we just happened to being going the same route or if he was the killer. JJ looked at me then looked back down. I grabbed her hand and kissed it as we turned the corner and walked into our building. He didn't turn the corner so for now, we knew we were safe. 

this one is a little shorter but i'm still figuring out the plot;))                                                                              word count: 969.