Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Tobias' POV:

Tris and I went home before finishing lunch because we had to talk. Chris and Uri wanna have their baby boy's middle name be Trace. I don't know how I feel about that.

FLASHBACK:

"I-I don't know." Tris states, dumbfounded.

"I know it's a bit too soon, but they were supposed to be best friends. So now he'll have some of who his best friend was supposed to be," Christina lets a few tears slip.

I sigh, and see Tris holding back tears. Uri is rubbing Christina's back soothingly while giving us a look of sympathy. You never see that from him! I'm hoping he'll go back to his old self once the twins are born.

"We're just gonna...go home and think about it." I say.

"Ok," Uriah replies.

"Bye guys."

Tris and I get up, and I wrap my arm around her shoulders as we walk home.

END OF FLASHBACK

Now Tris and I are trying to decide what to do.

"What do you think about it?" She asks me.

"I honestly have no idea. I mean I think it's ok, but I also don't. I can't really explain it," I say,

"I get it. I'm just thinking that, that's our baby's name. Well, it was supposed to be his name. It's kind of a special name that we'd like to keep for ourselves," she explains. "But, it's so sweet that Chris and Uri thought to incorporate his name into their son's name. They want to do it because they know that they would be best friends if he were alive," she sniffles, "and she wants her kids to know about him."

I nod along with her.

"Tris, I think we should let them do it." I say.

"You do?"

"Yeah. It's not like they'll call him by his middle name often. It's sort of going to be used as symbolism."

"How so?" She asks.

"Symbolism of the kind of friendship they would've had." I add.

"Ok. We should tell them." She says.

<><><>

We go over to Christina and Uriah's apartment about a half hour later.

I knock on the door.

Uriah opens it.

"Hey guys," he says unenthusiastically.

I hear crying coming from the living room.

"What's wrong with Chris?" Tris asks, stepping inside.

"Eh, I don't know. Hormones? She's also upset that she never got to meet your kid."

Tris rushes into the living room.

"Aww, Chris!"

Christina looks up, and embraces Tris in a hug.

"Sorry," she apologizes, "I just cried all over your shirt."

"It's ok. No problem."

Tris sits Christina on the couch with her.

"What's wrong?"

"I just.... I never got to meet him. I know I'm being selfish and all that but I was really excited." She says.

"Chris it's not selfish. Trace," Tris tears up at the name, "he-he would have loved you and Uri so much."

Chris smiles a little.

"We have decided that we're ok if your son's middle name is Trace." Tris says.

"Really?" Christina gets excited.

"Yes, of course."

They embrace one another once more.

Uriah smiles at me, then hugs Tris.

"Thanks." He whispers.

She smiles at him.

"Hey Christina?" I say.

"Yeah Four?"

"We...we have ultrasound pictures at the house. And... His ashes," I say awkwardly, "but I know it's not the same as meeting him in person." I add quickly.

"Can I see them?" She asks, delight in her eyes.

Tris nods.

"Let's go."

<><><>

We're all looking at his ultrasound pictures.

"Tris, he has your nose, I can tell." Christina says after looking at his 5 month photo.

"He looked exactly like Four, other than his nose," Tris adds.

"He had your eyes though," I tell her.

She smiles, "Yeah."

"He was beautiful," She says to no one in particular.

"I bet he was," Uriah says. "He would've been a major ladies man." He smirks.

"Just like his dad," I flex my muscles. Tris laughs and hits me playfully. It feels good to see her laugh again.

"Four, Tris was literally your first girlfriend ever. You weren't a ladies man at all." Uriah points out.

That makes Tris laugh harder.

"Whatever," I huff.

"Do you wanna see the twins pictures?" Christina asks Tris.

"Sure."

She pulls some out of her purse.

"This is the first one," Chris says. "We didn't know there were two of them until a few weeks ago."

I see one baby in all but one picture. The boy seems much smaller than the girl.

"They're beautiful Chris and Uriah." Tris says.

"Thanks."

"Will you guys be the god parents?" She asks out of the blue.

I look at Tris and she smiles.

"Of course!"

<><><>

A/N: Hey! I don't know why I'm updating so often. I'm just "in the zone" I guess. 😂

Soooooo I don't really know what else to say but sorry for the short-ish chapter. Hope you liked it!

Random QOTD: How tall are you?

AOTD: 5 foot, 5 inches

(Sorry I'm not converting it to the Metric system for anybody that lives outside of the US. I'm too lazy 😁)

Thanks!

Be brave. <4