Chapter 3

Tris' POV:

After a long day, I hear Tobias come in from training.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" He asks, kissing my cheek.

I nod.

"Tris, I know you don't just have the flu. Please, just tell me. You can tell me anything." He pleads.

I take a deep breath, and decide that it's time for him to know. This is his child too.

"Tobias," I avoid his eyes. "I'm..... I'm pregnant."

I finally get the courage to look at him, and he says, "Tris,"

I feel a tear roll down my cheek, and lower my head. I knew he wouldn't want this.

"Tris, this is amazing!" He's smiling, and his eyes are lit up.

"It is? You're not mad at me?" I ask.

"How could I be mad? We're having a baby!" Tears now flow out of his eyes. He sets his hand on my stomach, and looks me in the eye. "I'm going to be a father."

His lips crash to mine, and I gladly kiss him back. He's happy. He wants this baby. Now it's tears of joy that I'm crying.

He pulls away, and rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you," He says. "So much."

"I love you too." I'm smiling.

His hand still lays on my stomach, rubbing slow circles on it.

"Can I talk to it?" He asks.

"Of course."

He lifts my shirt, and kneels down, so his face is level with the baby.

"Hi baby. I'm your Daddy, and I already love you so so much. I can't wait to see you. I know your Mommy can't wait either." He kisses my stomach, and looks up smiling.

Tears collect in my eyes. We might not see the baby. I haven't told Tobias yet.

"Tobias?"

"Tris, what's wrong." He sees me crying.

"Tobias-- the doctors don't know if my body can support a baby. They said that the chance of its survival is low." I look down, crying. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Now I sob. This is my fault.

"Oh my God." He cries now too. "It has to live Tris, it has to."

"This is my fault. I might not be able to give you any children Tobias. I'm so sorry." I still cry.

"Tris, this is not your fault. You didn't choose this. It's just an obstacle. You're dauntless, you can get past anything. And so can this baby." He encourages.

I smile a little.

"The doctor says that I shouldn't go to training or do anything that could put me or the baby in danger. I also have to eat healthy, and a little exercise wouldn't hurt. Just not too much." I inform him.

He nods. "We'll do all of that. I'll eat healthy with you, and exercise with you. You can't have any alcohol, so I won't have that either." He says. "We're in this together."

He kisses me again.

"Can we make an appointment so I can see our baby?" He asks eagerly.

"Yeah." I get the phone and call the infirmary right away.

After the call, I tell him, "Our appointment is tomorrow at 10 a.m.."

"I'll get Zeke to watch the initiates." He offers.

"Can we tell everyone soon?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I just want this to be our secret right now. We can enjoy it more." He says, and I nod.

"Tobias I'm scared." I say out of the blue.

"Why Tris?"

"What if the baby doesn't make it?" I ask.

"It'll make it. But even if it doesn't we will still love and cherish the time we had with it." He says.

"And, I have no clue what pregnancy is like. I don't know what to expect." I tell him.

"I know. It is scary, but we're gonna go through this together. You won't be alone. I'll be there for you Tris." I smile, and kiss him.

"I love you." I say again.

"I love you too."

______________________________

Tobias' POV:

In the morning, Tris and I eat some scrambled eggs, and fruit.

Then, we start getting ready for the doctors appointment. I get to see our baby today.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Ready." Tris says.

We walk to the infirmary with our hands clasped together.

After checking in and waiting, a nurse calls us to a room. My heart rate picks up.

"Tris, please lay back and pull your shirt up for me." The doctor says.

She spreads a blue gel onto Tris' stomach, and rubs a device around in it.

I reach out and grasp my wife's hand, anxiously waiting to see our child for the first time.

Suddenly a black and white image pops into the screen.

"You see that? That right there is your baby." The doctor points to something that looks like the size of a small bean.

"That's our baby?" I smile, and start to tear up. We really are having a baby.

Tris looks at me and smiles.

"You'll be an amazing father." She says.

"And you'll be an amazing mother." I kiss her slowly, and she pulls away, blushing. Oh yeah, the doctor's still here.

We say thank you and leave, with an ultra sound picture of our baby.

"I love you." Tris says.

"I love you too." I state. "I can't believe we're gonna be parents."

______________________________

A/N: Hey! Happy Halloween! 🎃

Was this a good chapter? I don't know if I made his reaction good enough. 😁

QOTD: What are you gonna be for Halloween?

AOTD: Red riding hood! (Not the kind that shows a lot of skin...😳😂)

Well...... Bye!

Comment! Vote!

Be brave. <4