Chapter 5

A/N: Ew it's Chapter 5! You know how people say 5 is bad because it gets in between 4 and 6? Well guess what I came up with?!? (You might've already figured it out.)
Ok, so you know how Veronica Roth said Tobias falls in love with Christina 3 years after the epilogue? (If you didn't know that, that's actually what she said! It made me mad I don't know why.) Well, the epilogue is 2 years after Tris dies. 3 years and 2 years make 5 years. 5 YEARS GOT IN BETWEEN FOUR AND SIX! UGH! I actually threw my book and started crying when I figured this out about 8 months ago. Sorry, I felt like yall should know this. It made me angry and depressed. Roth is clever...
Ok, now you get your story...

Chapter 5

Time lapse: 2 months

Tobias' POV:

Tris is almost 3 months pregnant now. We're excited the baby made it this far, and it gives us hope. Her stomach shows a little now. It makes me excited because it reminds me that our child is there, and we will hold him/her soon.

I feel bad though. Tris throws up every single morning, and sometimes during the day. She always looks miserable afterwards. This pregnancy isn't effecting me. (Other than dealing with a hormonal wife.) It's all on her.

"Tris, do you wanna come to breakfast with me?" I ask.

"Sure!" She says. Suddenly her face turns pale. Not again.
Tris runs to the bathroom, puking. I hold her hair behind her. This is a normal occurrence now. When this stops I'm going to have to remember that I don't have to do this every day.

"I hate being pregnant." Tris grumbles. She quickly corrects herself. "Not that I don't love the baby. I just hate what I have to go through for the baby."

"It will be worth after its all said and done." I say, rubbing her back as she brushes her teeth.

She nods and spits her toothpaste.

"Should we tell everyone today?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'm showing now." Tris puts her hand on her growing stomach.
"Ok."

<><><>

When we get to the cafeteria all our friends are sitting around our table.

I grab a muffin for me and fruit for Tris as she takes a seat.

I quickly sit next to her, not wanting to miss their reactions when we tell them.

"Hey. We have something to tell you." Tris says quietly. I can tell she's nervous. She turns to me, wanting me to share our news.

"Tris is pregnant."

The table suddenly bursts into an explosion of voices. The loudest of course, is Christina.

"What?!? TRIS OUR KIDS ARE GONNA GROW UP TOGETHER!!!" She screams, hugging her tightly.

Uriah hugs Tris and tells her she'll be a great mom.

He claps me on the back. So does Zeke. Shauna quickly hugs Tris. They aren't very close. Shauna is still a bit confused, having completely lost her memory 5 years ago.

Tris is still standing and Chris says, "Hey, can I see?"  She lifts Tris' shirt, exposing her belly.

Tris acts fast and yanks her shirt down. "Chris!" She scolds.

"I wanted to see how big your belly was. It looks too big to be a few weeks along. How far are you Tris?"

"Almost 3 months." She hesitates a bit.

"WHAT?!? You kept this from us for 3 months?!?" Chris yells.

"Four and I wanted it to be our secret for a while." She says sniffling. Oh no. Her hormones have been crazy lately.

"I told you after 2 weeks!" Chris' hormones are crazy too.

Two pregnant women fighting. That doesn't sound too good.

I look to Uriah. We send silent messages to each other.

Both of us stand up, and try to calm down our hormonal wives.

Tris has tears rolling down her cheeks. I wipe them away.

"It's just the hormones Tris. Christina didn't mean anything by it. She's having these problems too." I say.

"I know." She tries to stop the water works but fails.

I hear Uri talking to Chris.

"Sorry Tris." Christina apologizes after a while. "It's just the baby making me angry like this."

"It's ok. I get it."

They hug, and start crying into each other's shoulders.

Uriah and I awkwardly walk away. Zeke and Shauna stare at the two crying pregnant women in horror.

"I'm never getting pregnant. Not if it means being like that." She whispers.

"I agree." Zeke states, still staring.

Soon Chris and Tris break apart, wiping their eyes.

"Sorry." The both say.

<><><>

"Tobias?"

I look to Tris, who's sitting on the couch.

"What can I do while you're at work? Do you know how bored I get cooped up in here?"

I think for a minute.

"You could arrange the baby's room." I suggest.

She smiles. "Yeah."

So far we have a crib, changing table, dresser, and some decorations. We also got a small amount of clothes and toys. We've already painted the room a soft yellow, almost white, so that it will match the baby's gender, whatever it may be.

While I'm thinking about the subject I ask Tris, "When can we find out the gender?"

"In about a month and a half." She answers.

I don't know if I can wait that long. I sigh.

Soon, I start moving the heavy furniture around the nursery, where Tris wants it. She can't lift heavy things. It's not good for the baby.

The room is perfect. Now all Tris needs to do is decorate and put the baby's things away. She can do that while I'm at work during the day.

"Perfect." She says when I finish. I put the crib on the wall opposite of the door, the changing table on the right wall, and the dresser on the left wall, next to a small closet that will eventually store toys.

"I can't wait until we add the finishing touch." Tris says.

"Decorations?" I ask.

"No. The baby." She absentmindedly strokes her stomach. I rest my hand on hers and lean down to kiss her belly. "I love you." I whisper to our child.

"And I love you." I say, bringing my mouth to Tris'.

"I love you too." She says in between kisses.

I can't wait until we can add to our family.

<><><>

A/N: Hey! Check out the authors note at the beginning of the chapter if you haven't read it!

Did you like this chapter? I feel like I did pretty good on this.

Happy Veterans Day!

QOTD: Do you have family in the Military? If it's one of your parents how many times have you moved?

Thanks!

Be brave. <4