CH 26 || His Eternal Love

Start from the beginning

"Workaholic? What made you think I am a workaholic?" Nikhil questioned. He hadn't realized that his love for his work was always perceived as extra work in other's eyes.

Anvi removed the blanket, looked at Nikhil, and complained, "Aren't you one? Always on the call, busy replying to emails, even taking breaks while dinner for official calls."

"So that's bothered you?" He liked how she had noticed him, his habits, and his daily activities.

"Of Course. Now let me sleep."

"You can't. We have tonnes of things to do." Nikhil removed the blanket very much to Anvi's dismay.

"What things?"

"Shifting you in our room." he said and continued further, "Don't you want to?"

"I do." A sudden realization hit her that she would have to shift a lot of stuff which meant a lot of work. Anvi hated the idea of working on a weekend.

"But there is a lot of stuff. I can't." she shook her head feeling terrified.

"All you have to do is get your lazy ass into our room and the rest will be handled."

She wanted to fight with him for calling her lazy but then realized he was right. She was one.

"I am not getting up." She was stern.

"Fine then be ready for the consequences."

She thought about what worse could happen. And in the very next moment, she was scooped into his arms.

"Nikhil, what the hell is wrong with you? I want to sleep," she yelled as was in desperate need of sleep.

"Yeah, keep on saying that," Nikhil smirked and took her to the room she was staying in before.

"Now, go get your bags, we are shifting, right now," Nikhil ordered after he had put her down.

"I 'm not doing anything," Anvi announced getting up on the bed.

Nikhil knew there was no way the angry bird would be convinced so he found the bags. When he started packing her stuff Anvi had to finally give in and help him. But she didn't talk to him. After they were done shifting Anvi freshened up first followed by Nikhil.

Anvi was cooking, being furious. Nikhil when went to the kitchen found her face dull. He shook her head at her childish behaviour. He picked her up from behind that made her squeal and placed her on the kitchen counter.

"I don't like it when you get angry at me." he pulled her cheeks but she swatted his hands away.

"Then don't make me furious." she crossed her arms in front of her chest and started looking sideways.

"Are you upset that I woke you up early?"

"Yes."

"I didn't have any choice. We had to do a lot of things."

"Shifting didn't take more than two hours."

"We will be late for the party. Neither I want to get late nor want to leave you behind."

"Party is at night." she rolled her eyes and got off the counter. She busied herself in slicing the tomatoes for sandwiches. Nikhil held her arm and turned her towards him.

"And we have to leave at three."

"Why?"

"The party is in Cambridge."

"What?"

"Yep."

Anvi realized her silliness and apologized, "I am sorry."