FORTY SIX

Another week has gone by without any news. Meeka and I are still stuck here in my apartment. I was starting to get restless and I knew I wasn't going to sit still for much longer. Meeka on the other hand. Wasn't doing much of anything. I knew he felt lost and confused. I did try my best to help him, but all he really knows how to do is shut me out. He doesn't want to talk about it and he barely eats. Now you can see why I'm getting so restless.

"Meeka?" I said as I lightly tapped on his bedroom door.

"Yes, Yael?" I opened his door and stepped inside his darkroom. He was sitting in a chair next to his window. I closed his door behind me and took a seat on the edge of his bed.

"Are you going to be okay?" I watched him take a deep breath.

"I don't know Yael. What I do know is once all this is over. I want all of you to just leave me alone." I took that hard and looked away from him. I stayed quiet. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just... all of this is too much. I just want a normal life back."

"I don't know everything, but what I do know is your special in some way and I have to make sure you stay okay. I will try and promise you this. When everything is back to normal. No one will bother you again." He gave me a small smile and looked back out his window. "Are you thinking about Rose, I mean Jill?"

"No."

"So..." He cut me off.

"No, I don't care what has happened. I'm done with all of it. She has a baby on the way that she needs to deal with. I don't want any part in it."

"Even knowing she was used?" He looked over at me again.

"I don't want any part of any of it." I nodded at him. I knew he was beyond angry and hurt. I completely understood why he felt the way he did. All I could do at this point was agree with him.

"Dinner will be done in an hour. Would you like to join me on the balcony?" He nodded his head at me and I got up and left his room. I took a deep breath as I closed his door. I wish there was more that I could do for him, but at the same time I was dealing with my own issues. I wanted to know what was being done with Vulcan. I missed him so much and my soul craved his.

I sat dinner up on the balcony. The air was warm and felt good on my skin. I waited for Meeka to come out as I took a seat. A few minutes later he walked outside. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. I dished up a bowl of soup and we both set in silence as we ate. "I'm sorry Yael." I heard him say. I looked up at him. "I'm just going out of my mind here. You have been nothing but good to me."

"I understand, none of this is easy for either of us." That's when the hair on my body stood up. I felt something was off right away. Before I could tell Meeka to go back inside. The world slowed down and I watched the first angel swoop down and try to go for Meeka. I shot fire out and hit the angel. I watched as he fell off the side of the building. I hollered out to Meeka to get inside, but I was too late as tow more angels swooped down and grabbed him. They shot up so fast that is was quiet and I was alone on my balcony.

I descended right to my father's chambers. I started to run down the hall. "Yael, what are you doing here?" My father said as he stood up and came to my side. I felt my mother touch my arm.

"They have him," I said out of breath.

"What happened?"

"I don't know how they did it. I got one, but two more came down and they were gone before I could even reach out for him. Dad, we have to get him back. He is so lost and this is only going to make it worse." I felt lost now myself.

"Yael?" I heard a very familiar deep voice behind me. I turned to see Vulcan come walking out of the dark. My mouth dropped as I watched him walk towards us.

"Dad? I said in a whisper.

"It's him Yael." I looked up at my father as I turned and ran into Vulcan's arms. He picked me up and held me close to him.

"I'm so sorry princess." He said in my ear. My tears were running down my face and I couldn't let him go. "I can't move with you in my arms." He said and I didn't care. I kept my arms around him. "I guess we will have to do this with her around me." I heard my mother and father laugh.

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to let you go," I said and I felt his arms tighten around me. I looked up at his face and our lips met. "Is it really you?" I had to ask. I felt like maybe this was all a bad dream. Vulcan nodded his head at me. I turned and looked at my father. "How?" I asked him. My mother looked up at my father. "Dad?"

"We made a deal with the heavens." I let go of Vulcan and crossed my arms and looked my father in his eye. "We gave Rose back to them in exchange for them to break the spell." My mind had all sorts of mixed emotions. I looked up at Vulcan and I couldn't help the smile that came over my face, but then it fell.

"We have to help them." Everyone looked at me without saying anything. I felt powerless and wondered why everyone was just staying quiet. "Hello? They have Meeka."

"Yael, we can't help him." I was shocked to hear what my father said. I knew he knew my head was filling with questions. "Out of all the worlds, the heavens are the most powerful. None of us can enter. We will be killed on the spot." I couldn't believe his words.

"Is this true?" I said looking at my mother. She walked over to me and kissed my head.

"Yes, baby it's true." I started to get upset. "We have been trying to figure it how to help Rose. This is why we didn't bring Vulcan to you right away. There is just no way for us to get in."

"I can't leave Meeka with them. What if hey hurt him? He has already been through so much."

"This is why you belong to be my queen." I turned and looked at Vulcan. He gave me a smile. I looked back at my father.

"I have to try something. You said it yourself. I'm powerful, please I have to do something." My father and mother just looked at each other and then back at me.

"We believe you are the only one who can do this." My mother said. "With my help of course." My father gripped my mother's arm and I knew this was going to be dangerous. I could see the panic in my father's face. I could even see the panic in my mother's face. Vulcan walked up to me and placed his arms around my waist.

"Give me tonight." He said in my ear. I looked at my mother.

"We have to come up with a plan." She said to me and I nodded my head at her. About twenty minutes later I was laying my bed with Vulcan in my arms.

"I thought the star guardians were the most powerful?" Vulcan ran his fingers through my hair.

"We are the oldest, but heaven has the most power. They receive all human souls. The only reason why we pick and choose. Is because the guardians take the stronger souls. Heaven has all the rights. God had the most power."

"If that were true, then why are they so bent on messing up my life?" Vulcan took a deep breath.

"You have three parts in you." I sat up and looked at him. "You were made while your mother was still a guardian, You have all three parts inside of you. Demon, guardian, and heaven. They are scared of you."

"Good, because I'm sick of all the souls they think they can mess with. It's time to see just what I can do."

Thank you for reading.

Please don't forget to vote and comment...