Chapter 1

Most people see me as sweet, kind, loving, helpful little church-going Celeste Sanders. Not that I'm not agreeing with them. I mean I'm not a bitch or anything. I try to be kind and helpful, but I only attend church because my aunt Laura makes me. Well, she did until I turned eighteen. Now I go just to please her. She claims it will save my soul or whatever. My aunt Laura has raised me since I was eight after I lost my parents in a plane crash. She is my mother's older sister. Most people in this town call her crazy and sometimes I agree with them. She has been good to me for the last fourteen years, but she has always been on the weird side. She has always filled my head with her story's of demons and angels and all kinds of fairy tales.

Her story's of demons have always been the ones she tells the most, and more so here lately. If I truly believed in demons, I would be the perfect person to help banish one. I've always entertained her story's while she told them. She has always kept these symbols up all around her home. For as long as I can remember. She told me an angel taught her how to keep them from entering her home. I think maybe she did too many drugs in the sixties. Regardless of her story's and her beliefs. She is a very sweet woman and has been there for me.

When I turned nineteen I moved into my own place. I had been working for our local library for the last five years. They pay me well and I was happy with them. It allowed me to live a decent life for myself. Plus stay close to my aunt. I've never really had big dreams. I only wanted to live a good and happy life and give back to those that have helped me.

Sunday night dinners at my aunt's home were a number one priority for me. Even if it was only her and I. I came here every Sunday and we would make dinner for ourselves. "Celeste, tell me. How are you and Christopher doing?" I smiled at her as I placed the bread down on the table.

"We broke up," I said. My aunt shook her head.

"You mean you broke up with him?" I nodded at her. "So what was wrong with this one?" She asked.

"I don't know, I just think there should be some sort of spark between two people. You know like the feeling of always wanting them near you and missing them every time they are gone, types of feelings. I didn't feel any of that and we have been dating for almost six months now." My aunt smiled at me.

"I guess your right sweetheart, but I really would like to see you in love with someone before I die." She laughed.

"You're only in your early sixties, I still think there is time," I said kissing her on her head.

"How about just a playboy then." I knew what she meant.

"Aunt Laura, you dirty little devil. See I knew there was a real reason why you're in church all the time." We both laughed.

"Celeste, I go to church to keep protection on you and me, but we all need a good romp in the sack every now and then." I laughed.

"Your terrible, you know that?" I said. She winked at me.

"So I've been told." She said. I sat down in front of her and loaded both our plates with spaghetti and meatballs.

"Besides auntie, I'm still waiting for the right man, to have a rump with," I said smiling. Later on that evening we were in the kitchen cleaning up together. "Hey, auntie have you been watching the news lately about all the murders of these girls? There's been like three in the last couple of months pretty close to here. Their bodies were found in pieces in their bedrooms." My aunt dropped a plate on the ground, and I jumped from the loud sound it made. "Don't worry I'll get it, are you okay?" I said as I rushed to her side.

"Yes, yes I'm okay child." She said patting my head as I kneeled down to pick up the broken pieces. "We're all the girls in pieces?" She asked me.

"Yes, I believe so, they're saying we have a serial killer on our hands," I watched my aunt walked over and have a seat. She looked around her house.