Secrets

I stumbled into class the next day. I couldn't get back to sleep after that nightmare. I didn't bother to even try to look decent since it took too much energy.

    Several people made comments about how awful I looked but I just ignored it. Aizawa offered to let me sleep in class but I didn't. I didn't want to fall behind over something so stupid.

    " Dude just go home and rest. You can't continue to force yourself to stay awake. It's not healthy man."

    " I can't fall behind. I need to get through today so I can get closer. I need to become a hero for him." I didn't even know what I was saying. I just let my mouth take over. My brain had shut off before he even began talking to me.

    " For who? Why are you crying bro?" Am i really crying? I wipe my eyes and sure enough I had tears coming out. You'd think I'd have no more after that two hours before 3 am.

    " Just forget about it."

    " Hey Cementos, I'm taking Bakugou outside for some fresh air." Before the teacher, or me for that matter, could protest the red haired freak already had me put the door. I was outside and sitting on a bench before I could even process what had happened. " Now talk. You don't have to hide anything from me."

    " He's dead. He has to be." Why am I telling him? What good will it do to tell him when he doesn't even know the guy?

    " Who is? Who's dead Bakugou?" He looked genuinely worried about me so I continued.

    " I don't even know why I bother to look for Deku anymore. If he's not dead then he doesn't want to be found. That much is obvious. I've already caused him so much pain and to find him when he doesn't want it would just cause him more. A hero is supposed to take away the pain and terror, not inflict it." I put my head in my hands and tried to hold back everything that was wanting to spill out.

    " Are these thoughts why you couldn't sleep last night?" I just nodded. " What if I told you that Midoriya..." He stopped what he was saying. Why did he stop?

    " Ah ah ah. I told you that he has to figure it out himself." Isn't that Takahashi? I looked up and sure enough he was standing there.

    " Can't you tell he's hurting? Stop acting like a jerk and help him."

    " He'll find out soon enough. Now if you can't keep your mouth closed I can simply..." Kirishima just glared but shut up. What is going on?

    " What's going on between you two? What are you keeping from me?"

    " It's nothing too serious. He just heard something that he shouldn't have and I told him not to tell you until you figure something out first." What's wrong with this kid? He's acting like a villain.