31: YEET-JackieXAlphinaud

Day: 31
Prompt: 3, 2, 1...
Pairing: Jackie and Alphinaud
Fandom: Final Fantasy 14 and Wattpad

Jackie rushed to the kitchen and threw open the refrigerator door. She yanked out a bottle of sparkling cider and prepared the glasses. It was 11:55 PM, New Years Eve. She was so excited to spend this New Years with her friends Alphinaud and Haurchefant. They had only met in April, so this would be their first year viewing fireworks together.

"Alright guys! It's about to be 2021 in three minutes! I got drinks for you." Jackie exclaimed, handing out the glasses of sparkling cider. Alphinaud looked around the room.

"Where's G'raha Tia?" He asked.

"Raha couldn't make it due to travel restrictions. He's still coming to visit, but not until February." Jackie said. Alphinaud nodded. A firework was lit early.

"What was that?" Haurchefant asked.

"You'll see!" Jackie clapped her hands in anticipation as the clock seemed to hover on 11:59. The three watched eagerly. They began the countdown as the clock ticked.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." The clock changed to 12:00 AM.

"Happy New Year!" They all shouted, toasting their glasses merrily.

"This is what I've been waiting for all year! Come to the balcony!" Jackie beckoned her friends as the noise exploded outside. They all stepped out into the cold to see a brilliant sight.

"Woah... it's beautiful..." Alphinaud gaped in amazement. Haurchefant nodded.

"I've never seen anything like it!" He added.

Jackie's tail swished as she looked up into the night sky. It was exploding with fireworks of every kind, every color. She glanced over at Alphinaud, who's eyes were also glued to the scene. She watched the fireworks reflect in his blue eyes, gazing at his smiling face. Haurchefant noticed this and chuckled.

"Enjoy the view?" He teased. Jackie startled and playfully smacked him, causing him to laugh more.

"What are you two on about?" Alphinaud questioned.

"It's nothing! Haurchie's just being weird." Jackie waved her hands.

"Me? 'Twas you who was staring at Alph-"

"Ignore him." Jackie cut Haurchefant off. Alphinaud cocked his head, then returned to the fireworks. Haurchefant elbowed Jackie.

"Now's your chance." He whispered.

Jackie blushed and nodded, heart beginning to race. How long she had wanted to do this, but she had never found the courage. But throughout their time together, Alphinaud had seemed to enjoy Jackie's company. He even snuggled into her when they watched movies and stuff. Maybe she had a chance.

"Hey Alphi. I would like to introduce you to a New Years tradition. It's been a thing for a while, not sure if you are already aware of it." Jackie said. Alphinaud turned to look at her.

"Oh? And what tradition might this be?" He wondered. Jackie's heart started beating even faster now.

"Why don't I just show you?" She caught Haurchefant smirking in the corner of her eye. He saluted and left the balcony for a minute.

"Haurchefant? Where are you go-" Alphinaud was cut off by Jackie pulling him close and sealing the distance. He froze at first, then melted into the kiss. Their fingers intertwined as Jackie held him close, listening to the sound of the fireworks all around them. As they broke apart, Alphinaud grinned.

"I was... not aware of this tradition. Although it was quite a surprise that you made the first move." He said in a low, relaxed tone. Jackie giggled a bit.

"Well, it wasn't like you were going to!" She replied. Alphinaud continued to smile and pulled Jackie into a hug. She gladly returned it. The two stayed there in each other's embrace until they heard a chuckle from besides them.

"Haurchefant! How long how you been there?" Alphinaud startled.

"I only just came out. I take it Jackie showed you the tradition?" Haurchefant smirked as Alphinaud looked down and blushed.

"Uh, y-yes."

Jackie just smiled and grabbed Alphinaud's hand, rubbing her thumb against his knuckles and flustering him.

"By the twelve, I can't wait until G'raha gets here. I just have to have him write a fanfiction on you two!" Haurchefant commented.

"Gah! D-don't do that!" Alphinaud waved his free hand at the smug elezen. Jackie giggled again at Alphinaud's behavior. Haurchefant raised his glass to them and took a sip, then went back inside. Jackie turned back to Alphinaud.

"Alphi, there is no one I'd rather spend my days with than you. I love you." She told him. His blush could still be seen in the light of the fireworks as they were shot off into the air.

"I love you too, my dear miqo'te."