23: FNAF-MikeXDoll

Day: 23
Prompt: You won't believe it
Pairing: Mike and Doll
Fandom: Five Nights at Freddy's

The clock finally chimed 6AM after a long night shift at the pizzeria. And quite an eventful one at that. The exhausted night guard Mike couldn't wait to get home and tell Doll about his work hours. He stepped outside onto the wet, icy pavement, listening to the crickets and the occasional passing car before walking to his car. The streetlights cast a bright spot on the sidewalk, reflecting in a small puddle of water. The air was cool and crisp, causing the tiniest of chills to fall down Mike's spine.

He opened the car door, wiping a wet leaf off his shoe before stepping in. The engine roared as it started up, then began to quietly hum as Mike clicked his seatbelt into place. He closed the door with a slight bang and began the drive to his house. After about twenty minutes he pulled up into his driveway, loose pebbles crunching beneath his tires.

"Hey Doll! I'm home! You won't believe it, I have a story to tell!" Mike called as he unlocked his front door, stepping inside and taking off his jacket.

"In the kitchen!" Doll called back. He smiled upon hearing her voice. As far as he was concerned, he had the best wife.

"Hey honey." He said kissing her cheek as she did the dishes.

"Anyway, you know that crazy animatronic Foxy?" Doll nodded.

"Wasn't he your favorite when you were little?" She asked.

"Yes, but that's not the point. I hate them all now- anyway, he comes running at my office, in the mood to kill, right? And so I slam the door closed on instinct. But instead of the normal thump on the door, he full on busts through it! Well his head did anyway. I don't know how I'm gonna explain it to Boss, but it was hilarious! The almighty pirate Foxy, with his head stuck in a metal door!" Mike chuckled at his own story. Doll smiled as she put the last dish on the drainer.

"I'm glad you had fun last night. I know your job can be stressful with all the killer robots." Mike nodded.

"Yeah, those Fazfreaks really get on my nerves sometimes." He said.

"Hey Jeremy!" Mike called. Jeremy Fitzgerald came running down the stairs.

"H-hey dad! How was work?" He asked.

"Hilarious, spotlight of the week." Mike replied as Jeremy and Doll walked over to where Mike was sitting. He smiled as pulled them both in.

"Gah, I'm so lucky to have you guys! You make the best family." Mike declared. Jeremy blushed and Doll pecked Mike's lips.

"We're just as lucky to have you." She said. Mike laughed out loud in pure happiness.

He was certain that as long as he had these two, his life could never really be terrible. Not even when the animatronics or Boss got in his way.