18: Resident Evil-LeonXClaire

Day: 18
Prompt: Until Midnight
Pairing: Leon and Claire
Fandom: Resident Evil

Gunshots were the only thing that could be heard. Leon and Claire were yelling to each other, warnings and commands like "Shoot now!" Or "Behind you!" But they were barely heard over the sounds of their guns. Leon was ducking and Diving around infecteds, lickers and weird vine entangled zombies. Claire threw a few grenades when Leon dove away from whatever he was fighting. She once punched a licker in the teeth when Leon failed to spot it behind him. What was all this fighting for? They would never truly be free. No one knew if the zombies would ever cease to exist for good. These filthy creatures were keeping the two survivors up until midnight, when they finally knocked down the last infected. Leon put his hand against the wall and breathed heavily.

"You ok?" Claire asked.

"Just out of breath." He replied. Claire nodded. As Leon regained himself, he felt his hand vibrating.

"Uh..." he muttered out loud.

He thought he heard thumping from somewhere nearby. Claire stopped and looked up. She heard it to. The wall vibrated more and the ground around them started to shake. Suddenly the wall was burst open into dust and crumbling concrete.

"Tyrant!" Leon screamed as he grabbed Claire's arm and began to run.

The two shot down the hall away from the Tyrant, a tall pale figure with wrinkles on his face. He had grey eyes with white pupils and wore a large black trenchcoat. He had a black fedora to match. The stomp of his black rubber boots echoed across the hall as he chased them. A licker flew past the two survivors. Tyrant must have smacked it out of the way. It hit the wall with a wet thud and fell to the floor. It didn't move.

"This way!" Claire shouted as she pulled Leon down a sudden hallway.

There was a door at the end. Leon pulled and pushed but the door appeared to be locked. Tyrant was now gaining on them. Claire slammed her body against the door, hoping it would burst open. It didn't budge. The Tyrant was stomping down the hall quicker now, eager to smash his prey to bits.

"Uh... Leon?"

"Yeah?"

"We're not getting out of this alive, are we?" Claire asked. Leon shook his head.

"I don't know, why?" Claire sighed.

"I love you." She stated. Leon swiveled around.

"Wait, what?"

Just then the Tyrant caught up with them and swung his fist. Leon grabbed Claire and dove to the ground. The Tyrant missed them and ended up breaking the door open. Leon and Claire grinned at each other.

"That's our way out!" Leon said.

Tyrant pulled his fist back, looking quite confused. The two survivors jumped up and ran out the door into the open city. They spotted Leon's police car and hopped in, starting the engine and driving away. The Tyrant still chased them, but at least they would lose him soon.

"That was close." Claire Said. Leon kept his eyes on the road.

"Claire? Do you... really love me?" He asked.

"Not the time. Focus on not getting us killed." Claire replied, but she smiled.

"Cmon, just tell me!"

"Fine. Yes, I love you." Claire gave in. She could barley see Leon's face in the dark of night, but she could tell he was smiling.