8: Kingdom Hearts-SoraXKairi

Day: 8
Prompt: Teams
Pairing: Sora and Kairi
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts

Winter was here. The cold, wet snow blanketed the ground. When one would step outside onto what they thought would be a sandy beach, their feet would instead land with a crunch on the sheet of icy snow. This meant a special thing. It meant that it was finally time for the Winter Teams Event!

This was a tradition that Sora and his friends held ever since they had been released from their prison worlds. On one team was Sora, Riku, and Kairi. On the other team was Roxas, Axel, and Xion. They always held this event on Destiny Island. Each year, the two teams would compete in a vicious snowball fight game. The winner of the game would get to choose the Christmas meal, which everyone always argued about.

This year, however, there was a slight difference. Kairi and Xion switched positions, leaving Sora without his secret crush. Well, it honestly wasn't so secret. Kairi and Sora both loved each other but were too afraid to actually admit it. They were horrible at hiding it. Riku and Axel would tease them about it often.

"Why is Kairi going to your team?" Sora asked Axel as he practiced his keyblade moves for possibly blocking snowball attacks.

"Cuz she's my bestie and we never get to hang out anymore. I hate being the third wheel for you two lovebirds and Riku agrees." Axel smirked as he continued to practice.

The flustered Sora just waved his hand in front of his face and walked off to his team to make sure they were prepared. He gave them the usual pep talk, then they turned to gave the other team, who was already waiting to start. Roxas smiled angelically and waved to Sora, Riku and Xion.

"Good luck!" He shouted. Axel laughed.

"You're gonna need it!"

Sora tensed as the game began. Riku immediately started to create a pile of snowballs as Xion worked on a defense wall. Sora helped Riku with the snowballs until he was nailed by one in the back of his neck. He spun around to see an apologetic Kairi waving her hand. The rule was, three hits and you're out.

"Oh it's on." He murmured as he started to pick up snowballs and hurl them at the other team.

"Sora don't throw all of them at once! And get behind the wall, you're gonna get hit again!" Riku advised.

Sora did as he was told and dove behind the wall, taking another handful of snowballs and throwing them with as much accuracy as he could muster. Axel stepped out from behind his wall, out into the open.

"A blind fool! What is he doing?" Riku wondered.

"Don't be fooled by Axel. He's most likely got something up his sleeve." Xion warned.

"And that something is about to be snow!" Sora cheered and leaped out from behind the wall, throwing a snowball directly towards Axel's head. He dodged at the last second, shooting towards an unguarded Sora and hitting him in the leg with yet another snowball. Riku jumped out from behind the wall and hit Axel with a snowball, then started to drag Sora away back to safety.

"Ugh.... I'm injured.... one more hit and that will be it for me..." Sora said dramatically.

"No! We can't lose you!" Xion cried.

"You need to stay here with Sora. I'll try to take them out." Riku stated.

"They'll swarm you!" Xion protested but Riku waved her off. He went out with snowballs in both hands, extra on his belt. Sora and Xion waited expectantly, but Riku never returned.

"Sora... do you think..." Xion and Sora looked over the edge of the wall. They saw a figure in the field, but they couldn't make out who it was. They nodded at each other and stepped out from behind the wall, then got closer to inspect.

"Roxas?!" Sora said stunned.

"Riku took me out. Not sure where he went though." Roxas told them.

Xion nodded and beckoned for Sora as she progressed nearer to Axel and Kairi's base. The two crept around but didn't see anyone at all.

"S-Sora..." a weak voice said from the left.

"Riku!" The two ran to their friend.

"They got me. I should have listened to you. I was able to defeat Roxas but...." Riku shook his head.

"You have to go on without me."

"Never!" Sora yelled.

"Don't shout, you'll get yourself found. Axel has one more hit until he's down. Kairi has two. Avenge me..." Riku acted out a death scene. Xion wiped a fake tear from her eye. Suddenly she got hit from behind with a snowball. Axel and Kairi stood menacingly behind them.

"Run!" Sora yelled.

He chucked a snowball behind him at random as the chase began. It hit the floor. Xion threw one that hit Kairi's hand. Axel and Kairi nodded, then they both threw a snowball at Xion, knocking her out of the game. Sora turned around for one minute and hurled a snowball straight towards Axel. He cut it in half with his keyblade. Sora threw two more. One was cut in half but one fell short, hitting Axel's foot. He was out.

Kairi was dangerously close now, so Sora booked it in the opposite direction. They ran for a while until Sora slipped. He tried to get up but Kairi put a foot on his chest. He laid there in defeat as she dropped a snowball on him.

"We win!" She cheered. Everyone got up off the ground, either cheering or congratulating each other. Kairi offered a hand to help Sora up.

"Thanks." He said, his face red from both the running and Kiari's hand in his.

"Guess I get to pick the meal this year!" She said.

"Guess you do!" Sora replied. Kiari kissed his cheek, causing him to go even redder.

"We'll be on the same team next year, don't worry." She stated.

"It's ok. You can be on whatever team you want, as long as you're happy." The two smiled at each other, then went to join the others.