Part 1

[Bethany's P.o.v]

Abraxas a small town far away from the boisterous lifestyle of the city, but modern enough to make the odd tourist feel comfortable . Whilst the locals had no need for Starbucks, Molly's was always buzzing with the same old infamous pumpkin pie, and freshly brewed coffee. People were all up in each other's business, and gossip spread faster than a viral video . Perhaps this was most 17 year old's living nightmare, because honestly speaking which teenager wouldn't want a break from the mundane life cycle of a small town? I guess I'm an oddball, because this 17 year old has found a safe haven in this small quaint town.

Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't always daisies and sunshine when I first started out in this town 2 months ago. An emancipated minor all by herself in a unfamiliar place was sure as hell considered a scandal here, with the towns folk eager to air out my dirty laundry. A few quips, and the occasional blatant look from me was enough for the towns folk to loose interest in me after a week or two. I mostly kept to myself, and the humans backed off. Luckily enough the werewolves of a nearby pack passed me off as a boring "human", and paid no heed to me. I wonder what they would have thought, had they discovered that I'm far from the boring unassuming "human" they thought I am.

I am a werewolf , but not quite the usual wolf. I have no desire to live in a pack , nor do I have the desire to rampage around like a savage. I'm no rogue, but I'm no pack member neither.
I'd say if white and black had a baby I'd be called grey, a lone wolf if you'd prefer. Lone wolves were a myth before I came along.

You must be wondering how does a lone wolf like me not get noticed at all? Well to be honest , it's my wolf Silver. She has always been a rather peculiar one, whilst most werewolves shift and meet their wolves at 13. I felt her presence at the mere age of 7. I was a little more than startled and freaked. I mean which 7 year old wouldn't feel that way? In my defense Silver's presence felt oddly calming, and so I decided to embrace her presence fully . It has been one of my best decisions made to date. She taught me how to mask my wolf scent, to read the vibes, and energy of people in any environment that I am in , how to blend in with the people around me, and how to see through the facades of society. It has been an absolute miracle. I can't even begin to count the number of times, that these skills saved my hide.

*Damn right Beth!*, my wolf's smug voice echos in my head.

*Hush now Silver, before we get into this conversation for the thousandth time. * I groan back at her, before sincerely adding, * Wouldn't have made this far at all without you.*

* Sappy child, now hurry up before you're late for school.*

*Arrg don't remind me! Why couldn't I be home schooled again? *

* Don't think you're getting away by starting a conversation that we have had for the hundredth time.* My wolf cheekily adds using the same tactics that I had used on her earlier.

If it weren't for the fact that I couldn't meet the extra requirements to be home schooled in my final year. I would have never enrolled myself in Abraxas High. I wasn't nervous about going to school with the humans. Ignoring them, and focusing on myself would work just fine. It was the fact that werewolves from the Silver Moon pack attended Abraxas High as well. Hiding my wolf scent could work only so well . I was worried that someone might put two and two together, and figure out that maybe there was nothing unassuming about me afterall. It would ruin everything.

My train of thought pauses as the noise in the bus starts to get louder. We must be near I think.

*Wish us luck? * I ask my wolf quietly.

*We don't need any.* Silver responds confidently .

*Well here we go! * I exclaim, as Abraxas high comes to view from the side of the bus drivers windscreen.

There was nothing extraordinary about this building. It was pretty standard if you ask me , although a paint job wouldn't hurt the eyes. Whilst waiting for all the students to exit the bus first, I start to scan the area. My eyes linger over to a spot under a rusty looking tree on the edge of the field. Hmm I guess I just found my hangout spot for lunchtime. There was no way in hell I'd survive all of my breaks in the cafeteria. I start to make my way out when I noticed that the bus was almost empty. I scan my surroundings once more, observing the humans and werewolves. It wasn't hard really, their wolf scent was a dead giveaway. Other than the fact they rarely associate themselves with humans, unless their mates are human, or they are just fooling around. It was most pleasing to note that most of the humans were to awed by the distinct beauty of the wolves to even notice me as I made my way into the hallway.

* Perhaps they would notice you too, if you didn't dress to hide. * my wolf snickers at me.

I didn't want additional attention on me, so I mostly hid behind baggy tracksuits, my favorite black BTS cap. I completed my look with a black pair of Vans, a pair of untested glasses which I didn't need, and with my hair tied up in a high pony.

My pace begins to slow down as the administrator's office came to view. I knocked lightly on the open door to gain the administrators attention , and also because it seemed like the polite thing to do. It didn't take me longer than five minutes to get my schedule seeing as I was the only student there. At least the administrator seemed to like me for my polite behavior.

*Must be something out of the ordinary in Abraxas high.* I sarcastically drawl to Silver, and the only response I received was my wolf's giggles.