29- E

I wrapped my arms around myself looking around the square, it was late not many people out except the drinkers who'd been in the grill all night. I jumped a little hearing cluttering behind me but turned to see nothing. I frowned to myself starting to fidget the old anxiety of being a target most of the time creeping to the surface. I shook it off and I pulled my sweater to myself and breathed out jumping and screaming when two arms wrapped around me from behind and I was flashed away. When I turned around I rolled my eyes and smacked Klaus playfully in his chest "You asshole!" he chuckled and shrugged "I'm sorry love the opportunity was perfect I had to" I shook my head "You're not even slightly sorry" he shook his head smiling and pulling me into him "You're not even slightly mad" I glared at him trying to hide my smile and he grabbed my face pulling me into a kiss. These moments he's allowed me to be around he's let me see a lighter side to him. The Klaus of this time I knew didn't smile freely but this man in front me was.

He wouldn't let me that close though, we never talked about anything too deep. He'd change the subject or dismiss me, he never stuck around too long when he felt too comfortable he'd leave. In some ways a part of me felt like this was enough it was better than what I had which was nothing but this part of me wanted more. Wanted him to open up the way he had, wanted to be the only person he felt like he could do that with "What's on your mind" he said sighing a little as he pulled back "Nothing" he scoffed and leaned up against the wall of the alley we were in "Now Elena you should know better. There's something rattling around in that brain of yours. Do spit it out" I sighed and looked away biting the inside of my cheek "I want to know something" he rose an eyebrow at me and crossed his arms "Something you haven't told people before" he looked at the wall and laughed a little "And why would you want to know that" I gave him a look and his smile fell away, he knew what I wanted and why I don't know why he put on the act.

"Elena nothing I could tell you will bring any closer to what you want. If I'm reading this right you some how have convinced yourself that I hold deep dark secrets glimpses of humanity and now you want to hear about them. Touch my soul. I don't know what it'll take for you to get that there is no soul for you to touch here. Just a man who finds you ravishing I must say I have no idea why you hide under sweaters and those long sleeve shirts" I felt a lot of different ways about what he said, he was trying to change the subject again make me say something about the compliment instead of everything else. I wouldn't be tricked though I wanted to know him and his weak attempt to make me feel as though he was nothing but a empty shell wasn't going to distract me "I saw your soul. The day Kol died. I saw it clearly, you loved him and he died and you felt it. You're not a soulless blackhole and you'd think by now that you'd stop hiding that from me" he rolled his eyes and walked away "If you insist on being no fun I have things to do Ms. Elena and I will see you again when you are feeling more fun and less clothed" he was trying to hurt me now, trying to make me hate him again. 

It was the same patterns as always but I saw through that and him now and he knew it "Klaus" I said making him sigh and turn to me. I grabbed his face and kissed his lips softly pushing how I felt into the kiss as I pulled him closer. He followed my movements on instinct never being able to push me away anymore "Hide from me all you want I saw your heart and ever since then all I've wanted to do is touch it. You can tell me you're not this or that but I've seen you. I see you clearly and if that's all I'll ever see then let me know because I don't want this small piece of you. I want everything, all of you Klaus" I whispered against his lips before leaving him in the alley as he was trying to do me. I wasn't sure what I could say to get through to this man, it's like when anyone says they want him he instantly just pushes them out. Like no one's allowed to care about him. On my walk home it's all I could think about, I hadn't noticed the dark figure in my peripheral at first. 

I was captured and knocked out so fast I doubt I even got out a scream. As I laid there staring into the darkness I was irritated that my life had gotten to the point where being snatched up didn't phase me anymore. At this point even though the fear that ran through me was underlying I didn't wake in panic. I woke up looking around exasperated waiting to find out what someone could possibly want from me now. A woman stood in front of me tilting her head looking at me up and down almost critically "A doppelganger. I thought you'd be prettier. It's funny that we should meet this way I've always wanted to torture the woman who broke Klaus' heart but being able to torture you love will be good enough" I sighed and leaned back on the wall wondering who the hell this girl was "No idea who I am?" I gave her a look and she laughed standing back and sitting in a chair that was off to the side "How about I tell you a story" I didn't want to roll my eyes, I might have but I didn't mean to, truly I'd grown tired of the evil backstory and now the plan mantra and how it somehow now involves me.

I just wanted to get to the torture part and the possible being saved part. I was over sitting here tied up in a corner "So you're Klaus' ex girlfriend from 800 years ago" she nodded and leaned forward "The true love of his life" I blinked at her, it was funny to hear someone talk about him like that wasn't me. Being jealous, outside of Caroline, never really struck me. When it comes to Klaus I felt like I was the only one crazy enough to actually pursue and deal with him. Clearly I'm wrong. Despite sneering a little when she called him hers I was intrigued by her. It was interesting to see who Klaus had fallen in bed with when I wasn't with him for 800 years. She wasn't horrid looking this red head was cute but crazy to the point that she rivaled even Katherine. At the thought of her I laughed to myself, funny how I end up at the mercy of these crazy ass exes my boy-. Well, there's something I can use to my benefit. Klaus isn't my boyfriend.

"That's a nice story and all but me and Klaus aren't together" I said pulling at my restraints as I spoke, she didn't say anything but scoffed a little at my remark "That may be but I know love when I see it. And somehow you love him, though you haven't been around long. I've been hiding in the shadows long enough to know just when you came around. Regardless of your title you're in my way and I can't have that so you have to disappear. Now I could smell the vervain in you when I first grabbed you so you'll be no fun to eat but I can say that I'll have a blast beating the hell out of you" she said grabbing my hair making me stand and throwing me into a wall. I felt the air knock out of my lungs as I hit the wall. I gasped for air and pulled at my restraints to reach for my back as pain spread throughout it. I didn't know what she did but it felt 8 of my bones cracked all at once. She slow walked over to me threw me around again and kicked me in the stomach. That last throw I'd hit my head and I felt the room spinning, now the fear began to set in. I was scared that I would die here, not that I hadn't died before and the feeling was new. I just hated the way it was happening, the why.

Of all things to die for. I could just let Katherine kill me a long time ago if this is how it would end. I laid on my back unmoving and coughing up blood. She watched me and smiled viciously before walking out and leaving me to internally or externally bleed out whichever came first. I closed my eyes and just thought of him. I wondered if he noticed I was gone, or if he cared. I wondered if Bonnie would be ok, losing me and Kol. I wondered if my brother would be. I know that because of everything with the Originals we haven't been on the same page. Not really speaking but I know that this would hurt him more than anything else has. I didn't want that. I didn't want to stop fighting. Despite how I felt I sat up and looked around for anything to help me. I noticed that the door hadn't caught the lock fully so it swayed lightly like soft breeze had rolled in. I pulled my body over to the door and used the handle to pull myself up. 

I was going to get out. I thought as the world went dark and I passed out on the ground.