9-E

When I woke up the sun was shining bright in my face. It burned my eyes, burn the word brought attention to my throat which burned more than ever. I grabbed it it felt like the worst case of strep throat ever. I looked at the ring on my finger and I knew. I had been turned. I should've left with Bonnie. I put my head in my hands and fought my tears. I knew this would happen but still having it right in front of me was different. I didn't know how to handle being a vampire. At least in my time there were so many to help me. Here everything was new and all I had to really go off of was what I remember Stefan saying he did. I would use him as my role model for this. I wouldn't be a monster. I would make sure of it. I looked over assessing the room to see Klaus slumped over my legs sleeping. I smiled lightly it looked like he hadn't left my side. The thought made me smile wider I reached out moving a piece of hair from his face only for him to quickly grab my hand.

His grip wasn't harmful though he opened his eyes slowly and brought my hand to his lips. Then he sat up running his fingers down my cheek "You took so long to wake up. Mother said it must have something to do with you not being from here" I nodded and leaned into his touch "I'm ok. I'm still here. Where's Esther now" he frowned and looked down his eyes darkening the veins spreading from underneath them. I grabbed his hand and squeezed pulling his focus away from his thoughts "I killed her" he said evenly I wasn't shocked I knew why he did what he did "I didn't. I didn't mean to she just made me so..." I cut him off "Angry" I finished for him he looked up at me and I saw his eyes flash their Amber coloring. He was a hybrid now, he was more of the Klaus I remember, the Klaus from my time "I'm sorry" I nodded as a tear fell from his eye "I know" I whispered putting my head against his. It reminded me of when Isobel died. I felt for her but at the same time after all she had done to me after all she had kept from me I couldn't bring myself to care. I imagine he felt the same way.

"Are you scared of me" he asked his eyes still amber and looking deep into my soul "No" I answered honestly, the only thing he could do to me is dagger me now. I was just like the rest of the original family. Truly immortal. One of the first vampires. I had no reason to fear him. He would never hurt me regardless "You'd never hurt me" I said kissing his forehead, he sighed leaning into my touch "We cannot stay here" I nodded "I know" he went to speak but the door opening cut him off. He growled speeding to stand in front of it. It was Bonnie "I'm here for Elena" I sighed in relief to see that she was ok. I was half Kol had found her and eaten her like Vicky tried to do to Jeremy. Klaus wouldn't move though she attempted to get to me but he only moved in front of her "Klaus let her through" he growled again but moved to the side and let her pass. He stood there for a moment and I gave him a look to leave us to talk alone. He nodded and left but not before looking back one more time at me.

"He's more obsessed with you than ever now" I smiled despite myself I couldn't deny I loved how protective he was over me. Bonnie was quiet though I knew she had more to say "We can't stay here anymore Elena" I frowned unsure of what she meant "I have to find the Willow it's our only shot of going home" I looked down, right, going home. There were times I forgot that I even had a home to get back to. I sighed and nodded "Ok where are we going" she shrugged "I don't really know the legends all point overseas and we've never been there. I don't know where to start... Kol might" she whispered more to herself than to me "You wanna bring Lol?" I asked hiding my smile "He has the know-how we need in order to find the Willow" I hummed earning a eyeroll from her "Shut up its not like you weren't thinking of bringing Klaus" I chewed on my lip and tried to hide the blush creeping onto my cheeks. I may have been.

"How did we end up like this" she shrugged "I don't know. But as we have always done we gotta make the best of our situation" I nodded and she smiled "We'll leave tomorrow get all packed and everything" she hugged me and walked out leaving me to my thoughts. I looked at the table by my bed blood. I could smell it. In the cup it filled the room suddenly the hunger spread in my veins. I was starving and I needed relief. I gulped down all the blood in the cup my body sighing in relief but what I had wasn't enough. Instantly I craved more desperately yearned for it but when the door opened and Klaus came in, all the thoughts I had melted away and I justed wanted him. I sped up to him and he moved a piece of my hair out of my face "I'm leaving" he frowned and paused "Me and Bonnie have to go find this Willow tree it's the only way to send us home" he looked down and said nothing waiting for me to finish.

"Come with me" I said his hand and smiling "I didn't realize that you still wanted to go home" I opened my mouth to say I do but I wasn't so sure anymore. I know I wanted to see my brother and my friends again. But I wasn't sure if the life I had in my time was the one I wanted. Whatever my life was however it wasn't worth giving up my family "I can't leave my family" he sighed "But you'll leave me" he whispered making my heart ache, everything I felt for him before I could only feel stronger now. I couldn't deny the way my heart begged me to comfort him and tell him I'll never leave but I couldn't promise him that. He cupped my face in his hands and rubbed his thumbs on my cheeks "Come with me instead Elena. Let's travel the world together. Spend what time we do have with each other. Bonnie can find the Willow without you. The effect will take on both of you either way you don't have to go with her" I bit my lip and thought about it. Could I really let my friend go back without me? I didn't like the way it sounded I didn't want her to leave me.

"I could argue that until she really finds it to let me be with you but I can't let her go back by herself" he nodded smiling wide "As long as I get to keep you around it matters not the fine details" he kissed me and I leaned into the kiss wrapping my arms around him pulling him closer. He pulled at my bottom lip begging for entrance I granted. I could feel his fingers playing with the strings of my dress and I smiled helping him undo them and letting my dress fall. I pulled off his shirt and undid the strings of his pants while he worked on my neck nipping at the sensitive skin there. I moaned as we moved at break neck speed to my bed. He laid me down and hovered over me taking a second to just stare at me "I love you Elena" he said pulling into another kiss "I love you too" I whispered back as he entered me. We took our time with each other wanting to show the other just how much we really felt. In that moment I loved him and I knew beyond all doubt that he loved me back. Despite the fate I knew was planned for us I let myself have this moment. I let us have this moment. We deserved it.