Chapter 67: Stalking

He was watching the whole thing. A boy in the shadows, lurking and staying hidden as he stalked the Underdogs throughout the day. It was almost luck that he found them, though he thought it was a hunch.

Haruto Yamazaki, Kirakiri, was watching the Underdogs as they killed the mafia, murdered the police, and defeated Gigantomachia. To be honest, he was a little nervous during that last fight, but was shocked to see Kaiyo use her quirk enhancing drug.

With that, he had seen everything he needed to see. He said to himself, "Your fate has been sealed. For your actions, you will die, Kaiyo Ashikaga."

Unfortunately for him, he was unable to break Sairokaku out of Tartarus. The initial plan was to use him as bait to lure Kirakiri into acting hastily and rushing to save him, but Kirakiri was smarter than that. Either that, or his bloodlust for the Underdogs was greater than the desire to save his friend.

After the fight had ended and the Underdogs went back to their base, he left to make preparations. He had a plan, and he was going to use the time he had to make his plan perfect.

"Whaddya think?" Mei asked Kinzokuma as she gestured to a wheelchair in the hospital room beside his bed. "It's not the final version, but it's just the fastest thing I could come up with, so you could have at least some freedom!"

He eyed up the wheelchair longingly as he desired to be able to move again, and said, "The fact that you made this in a single day is incredible... Thank you so much."

"Hey don't thank me yet, I haven't tested it! Let's get you plugged in!" she said, effortlessly hauling the six foot male out of his bed and onto the chair.

"Plugged in? What does that mean?" he asked, a little concerned at her statement and also her uncharacteristic strength. She was a mechanic though, so it made sense she had a lot of upper body strength.

"Well, believe it or not, making a helmet that moves a wheelchair based on brainwaves is a little tricky, so I decided to go the basic route and make it so that it plugs in straight to your spinal column, meaning you have a solid connection to your brain instead of a wireless one. If this works, my plan for the mach two will work! That'll take a week or so to make though."

Kinzokuma was freaking out, "You want to stab me in the neck with something?!"

"What's the big deal? Not like it'll paralyse you any more than you already are! Now hold still..." She said as she stood behind it and pulled a cable out that had a needle in the end of it.

"You're insane! I'm going to die!" he panicked.

She ignored his pleas for help and carefully guided the needle in between the C2 and C3 cervical vertebrae, causing him to squeeze his eyes shut in pain.

"See? That wasn't so bad! Now think to yourself that you want to go backwards, and turn to the right so that you're facing the exit."

Kinzokuma thought for a few moments, and sure enough, the wheelchair moved backwards, and then turned to the right to face the door.

"That's it! You're doing great! I honestly thought it would be a bit harder to get the hang of it, but I guess my genius really showed with this one! This isn't even the best of my babies that you're going to get, just give me another week and I'll make you an even better one!" She said with a rather manic smile.

Kinzokuma really didn't know what to say. He expected he would never have any control over his body again. But now here he was, not even a week later, able to move somewhat. As long as there were no steps, he had control of where he was going again.

"I... Thank you... So much. Really. Without you, I would never be able to move again. You've given me life, you've reinvigorated my passion to make the world a better place, you've given me the ability to stop the Underdogs! It's all thanks to you!"