Chapter 35: Sinister Six

The three of them were walking along in the dead of night, Kaiyo unsure of where she was being brought to. Still a little uneasy around the two of them, she asked,

"Where are we going?"

"We're taking you to our base of operations! There's someone there I would like you to meet as well, he joined us just this morning! Or, well, yesterday morning technically, it's gone midnight now..." Kazukei replied, walking a little ahead of the two.

Kyogane added, "It's just an old abandoned warehouse a few minutes from here. It's genius really, we're only ten minutes from the mall, which everyone would assume we're too clever to hide at being such an obvious choice."

A few minutes later, they walked down a rather secluded road and into a complex filled with several old warehouses.

They walked up to the warehouse entrance, Kazukei knocking on the sheet metal door twice, and saying, "May the Son of Light grant us entry."

Moments later, the door opened, and a tall man with black hair and yellow eyes stood back to let them in. He looked at Kaiyo.

"Is this the new girl?" He asked.

Kazukei feigned surprise as he looked back at her, and shrugged, "Not at all, never seen her before in my life! Of course it's the new girl, you dimwit, who else would it be?"

"Alright, alright, jeez. For someone who claims to have a goal as pure as my own, you sure have the devil's tongue." He said in an articulated way.

Kaiyo shyly walked up to him and held out her hand, looking away. "U-Uhm, my name is Kaiyo... People call me the Bone Collector..."

He responded by shaking her hand and declaring flamboyantly, "I am Amaraito! My friends and accomplices may call me Haru Hara, the Son of Light! It is a pleasure to meet a precious unadulterated soul like yourself."

She smiled and looked away as Kazukei whined, "I'm unadulterated, too!"

Haru shook his head as Kyogane asked, "What is our next objective anyway? Didn't you say there's a duo you want to recruit next?"

He nodded and held his finger up, "Yes, and I've left them for last because they may be the hardest to convince. It could get dangerous, which is why I want all of you with me for backup."

Kaiyo wasn't impressed, showing a bit of back bone, "So we're just cannon fodder are we? That's our first task?"

"No, no! I'm going to be teaching you how to better use your quirks, too!"

Haru took some light from a nearby lightbulb and swirled it around between his fingers, and made shapes with it.

"I have already extensively trained my quirk, I am ready for battle at any moment!" He declared confidently.

Kyogane suddenly shot spears out of his hands, creating almost a grid pattern under his arms, between his legs, and all around his body.

"If you were suddenly put in this situation in the dark, how would you respond?" Kazukei asked.

"Point made. Darkness is my natural enemy..."

The metal grid was retracted, Kaiyo watching in awe as she watched both of their quirks in action.

"Your quirks are amazing... Kazukei, what is your quirk?" She asked.

He readjusted an imaginary tie and looked rather smugly at her. "I, my dear Kaiyo, can do... This!"

He disappeared into the lightbulb, and turned it on and off a few times. She looked... Underwhelmed, to say the least.

"You can... Go inside electric devices? Huh. That's pretty... Cool." She desperately tried to make it a little less obvious she wasn't impressed by his quirk.