Chapter 68: Storm

A week passed by rather quickly. News of the Underdogs was dying out, despite how active they still were. That's how news worked after all, regardless of current issues, if it lasted more than a few days, stations weren't interested. Instead, the news started focusing on vigilante groups that had started popping up.

 Not just heroes we all know and love, but some random citizens were starting to get into vigilantism, putting their untrained selves at risk to protect the public, the very same public that hated heroes and banned them. Perhaps they just wanted to be able to call themselves heroes, or more frighteningly, the freedom to hurt others and call it justice.

 And even so, people still hated actual heroes more than these individuals. Everyone had gone underground, or had officially denounced their heroism. Whether or not they were denouncing to get the public off their back or if they truly meant it was really up to them. Hawks was one of the first, but we all know what he's like.

 Even we were getting in on the vigilante action though, a small group of us had been out trying to get some basic necessities, food for example, when a few villains showed up and tried to rob the store. Their strongest one wasn't really that big of a threat compared to us, he had some tentacles that had a decent grip strength. Mineta got him all ballsed up and I put him out of commission with a swift readjustment of his nose.

 Thankfully, the store owner was grateful, as would anyone who nearly got robbed, but a civilian complained  at us, saying, "We don't need you heroes, we can handle stuff like this ourselves! Stupid kids, why are you butting into other's business? We've made it clear we don't want you around here! Why don't you teleport as far away as you can and just keep walking lizard freak?"

 Instantly angered from the utter disrespect towards the ones that had just saved them, I grew my arms and legs and stormed up to them, about to reach out to them as I said, "You wanna say that to my face you little prick?" but thankfully Momo grabbed my hand to stop me making a very bad mistake, and shook her head at me.

 I sighed and stepped away, though Momo scorned at the civilian and gave them a piece of her mind. "We risk our lives every day to protect you, despite the fact that our lives have barely even begun. We're not even adults, yet we've been in more life and death situations than you have, to protect you and everyone else.

 Just because it's trendy to hate on those who give their lives up for strangers, that doesn't give you the right to say things like that to our faces. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself, but you're probably quite happy considering ignorance is bliss. It really shows. Think about what you're saying before you say it, because next time I won't stop him."

Back when we were in the public eye, it was very rare to see any form of aggression on Yaoyorozu's face whatsoever, but since the ban, she's been practicing her death stare, and I gotta say, it's really intimidating. I haven't had a mother for a very long time, but it definitely made me feel like a little kid who was about to have a bad time for being naughty.

Despite that though, they really should have been thankful that Mr Aizawa wasn't with us, otherwise they would probably end up being used as a piñata after he tied them up with his capturing weapon. I'm pretty sure he did that to Mineta a few times, but given that civilians weren't his students, it would definitely involve a lot more pain and humiliation.

They did lay off though, and we went on our way, walking through the streets as clouds rolled in, dark ones. I looked up and groaned, "Please tell me the weather was scheduled to be like this and it isn't some crazy strong weather controlling villain, I don't feel like holding back right now." Thankfully it was just the weather, which was forecast to be raining, a thunderstorm even.