Chapter 13: Meditation

"I'm standing here in front of number ten pro hero Ryukyu... I'm in Ryuku's office, and I'm interning in Ryuku's agency... Yes, I'm excited!"

She tilted her head curiously at me, "Oh? How come you're so enthusiastic about this? Surely you've seen higher up pro heroes in person, like All Might, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but... I can relate to you much more! Plus you're super cool." I gushed.

She smiled and closed her eyes briefly, "You're sweet." She opened her eyes again. "Now, sit. We have much to discuss."

I obeyed and immediately sat down after closing the door. "What would you like me to do for the week?"

"Well, for now I have a few questions for you. See, you have two quirks, correct?" I nod. "And you only recently discovered your transformation quirk, Eraserhead was telling me."

I nod again, and she continues. "Tell me everything you know about your secondary quirk."

"Let's see... I can only go based off of what other people have told me, because I'm never really there to experience it. Through a fit of rage, I black out and transform into the lizard, people are calling it my battle form.

I grow a couple of feet, grow lots of muscles, a tail, bigger teeth and sharp claws. I'm faster, and much, much stronger. I don't seem to recognise people and just attack whatever.

Then, when I wake up after being subdued, I'm weak for a while and have to rest."

She was writing things down and nodding at everything I was saying. She put her finger on her chin as she thought, reminding me of Tsu. Though Ryukyu's fingers were much smaller.

"Fascinating... So you're not in control at all in this form?" I shook my head. "And you've only been able to do it when really angry?" I nodded.

She wrote briefly and put her pen down. "Then that settles it! This week will primarily focus on learning how to activate and control your quirk!"

That... Sucked.

"I'm sure you wanted to do hero things, like beat up bad guys or rescue people. Yes, we'll do patrolling, don't worry. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't control your quirk, you could end up causing more harm than good."

I scratched the back of my head and looked away, "Y-yeah, I understand... I've had that made very clear to me..." I stopped scratching and smiled at her. "But since you have a transformation quirk, I trust that you can help me become the best hero I can be!"

She also smiled, "That's the spirit! Now, let's go."

She got up and I gave her a puzzled look. "Uhm... Where?"

She gestured to me, inviting me to follow her as she reached the door. "To the meditation area."

Meditation? I hated meditation! It's just sitting and doing nothing! Or at least that's how I viewed it. With me having the mind I have, even now it's hard to meditate.

"M-meditation? No disrespect but, I don't know if that's for me... I get distracted easily."

"You said you trusted me, right? Please trust me." She said as she walked with me alongside her. "I can see right through you. You're calm and timid on the outside, but on the inside there's a burning rage. It consumes you."

I saw a glimmer in her eye as she stared right through me into my soul. How could she tell the sort of person I was just from knowing me for five minutes?! She was really amazing...

"How... How did you know?" I asked, even more perplexed by her ability to see right through me.

"I can see my younger self in you. I didn't have a nice childhood, and it affected me greatly and my ability to control my anger. As a side effect, I can see the same anger in others.