Chapter 12: Nomination

Due to how busy we'd all been with the Sports Festival, I hadn't had much time to talk to Tsu face to face. We texted a bit and as much as I wanted to ask about our relationship status I ended up chickening out.

After classes were over, I went up to her. She smiled at my presence, which was more than she did for others. The answer was obvious, but I always had those feelings of self doubt.

"Tsu-chan! I uhm... I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me this afternoon?"

She shook her head sadly, "I'm afraid not. I have to make some preparations to work at Selkie's agency for the week. Afterwards though, I'd love to, kero. Text me about it later?"

I nodded, and was about to leave before I grit my teeth and clenched my fists.

"I have to ask you something then before we part ways. I didn't want to text you about it but... I wanted to ask about... Us." I gulped.

She could see my hands shaking, so she held them and looked into my eyes.

"Our time together at your house was precious. I want to spend more time with you, kero. I've always had a hard time getting along with people, but with you I feel I can share anything. I've already made up my mind, but I want you to ask me. So, ask me."

Shy, but stubborn. Two very contradictory and annoying personality traits. I sighed and looked down, beginning to speak. But she lifted my chin up to face her.

"Tsu... Will you... Go out with me?" I managed to spit out eventually.

"Of course I will. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well there's -" she interrupted me.

"There's nothing. It was rhetorical, kero. You're perfect for me and I want to call you my boyfriend. I was actually a little nervous that you didn't like me, that's why I didn't ask myself..."

I was so happy! I was overjoyed! She reciprocated my feelings for her! But... Nervous?

"You? Nervous? About asking me? Come on Tsu, you're sweet, you're smart, you're beautiful, you could get someone ten times better than me."

She hugged me tightly, longer than usual, and it caught the attention of a few students. Only one of them was from our class though and it was Tokoyami.

He smiled to himself and kept walking. I knew he wouldn't spread something like that, so I didn't worry. I didn't recognise a lot of the other students, however one of them was from class 1-B, I saw him during the festival, a more insectoid looking guy with razor sharp mandibles.

Tsu let go and kissed my cheek like that night when I walked her home. "What agency nominated you? I didn't hear."

She was shying away after the display of affection, a soft blush appearing on her cheeks.

"I was nominated for Ryukyu's agency, I'm so hyped!" I said energetically, showing more enthusiasm than I did for a lot of things.

She smiled at my enthusiasm, "The number ten hero! I'm impressed. She must see how strong you are. Tell me all about it, okay, kero? See you in the morning."

We parted ways after that. For those of you who don't know, I was really fond of Ryukyu because of how nice she was and her quirk. My fondness of her grew as I realised we had similarities between our quirks and that perhaps she could help me.

Ryukyu, the Dragon hero. What was her quirk? Transformation. She could turn into a freaking dragon. And not a humanoid one on two legs, no, an actual building sized dragon.