Chapter 39: Festival

The day of the festival was drawing near. I'd learnt the basic of playing piano, which wasn't too bad for me because I have slender fingers, and fast reflexes, meaning I could hit the keys easier.

Although my role in the main show was going to be minor, which I was grateful for, if the crowd enjoyed it, Jirou and I were going to have a bit to ourselves, an encore if you will.

We'd practiced the opening to Angel Beats, " My Soul, Your Beats. " And had pretty much gotten it down to a tee. Again, I was a relatively fast learner, but I was born for raw mechanical skill.

Jirou was a really good singer too, she had a lovely voice, a really wide range of vocals. We made a great musical team! And if we were to do the encore, I'd probably have already gotten over my stage fright by then.

There were just a few more days left until the festival began, and although Tsu and my friends had been helping me calm my nerves and distracting me, I was still on edge.

What were the Sinister Six up to? There had been no sign of them for almost a month. With how rapidly Cyberghost took things, him taking his time was a very bad sign.

Was he waiting for the festival? Did he achieve his goal and we just didn't know it yet? Was he gathering even more villains to make the ultimate team?

Those were just some of the questions that were on my mind as the clock ticked down, counting to the day and hour where several hundred adolescents would be gathering in a small space.

Over at the Sinister Six base, things were more or less the same as with us. They were getting anxious, nervous for the upcoming attack they were planning.

Their base had undergone massive changes. It was no longer just am abandoned warehouse, it was half laboratory half factory. There was a small room with shelves in them.

On the shelves were hundreds of boxes of smartphones and tablets, all of them switched off. There was writing on each of the boxes, half of them saying " Used " and half saying " Unused. "

In the middle of the room was Cyberghost, handling one of the devices and transferring it to the Used box. He stretched and walked out, the boxes saying Unused were almost empty.

" How is the research going? " He asked.

The other five members were beside the room, in a computer room, each of them on their own computer.

" We've managed to download another twenty seven gigabytes of information on particle beam accelerators, the Large Hadron Collider, and ion particles as you requested. " Sairokaku reported.

Kaiyo nearly slammed her face into the keyboard before jolting upright. " Seriously, this is so boring. When can we just take over Japan? "

" In time, my dear! We can't take over anything without intel! I'm close to finishing my grand project, don't worry! " He replied to her, clapping his hands together.

" And how does this information help us take down the Son of Darkness? " Amaraito asked, briefly stopping his online searches to swivel his chair, facing Cyberghost.

" No one cares about your religious crap Haru. " Kinzokuma bluntly retorted, staring at the screen still.

" My name is Ama- "

" Don't care. You're both wasting time, the less complaining you do, the quicker we can accomplish our goals. "

Amaraito grumbled as he and Kaiyo got back to work. Cyberghost smiled to himself. ' So he's finally submitted to me without question. I'll work on those two later. ' He thought to himself.