Chapter 64: Law

After mulling over Tsu's reply to my self loathing rant, I finally did have an answer for her. Somewhat bashful despite the times we'd spent together, I looked down and forward a little, sticking my hands into my pockets before eventually saying, "Thank you."

"What for, kero?" She asked in return, looking up at me with a curious expression on her face. She seemed genuinely confused as to why I would thank her.

"Y-You know! What you said..." I replied.

She put a finger on her chin and looked up for a brief moment before concluding, "For saying that I forgave you? Alex-Chan, I love you very much and care about your well-being. The fact that you opened up to me about all the things you've been bottling up makes me very happy.

It shows that you trust me, and that you want the help you so desperately deserve and need. If anything, I should be thanking you, kero. So thank you for opening up to me."

Tsu then smiled at me as we continued our walk, a beautiful and pure smile that filled me with an indescribable warmth. At least I knew I wasn't completely beyond hope, since I had felt that way about her since the beginning.

Going back to serious talk a few minutes later after some fun banter, I asked her, "What do you think is going to happen when the law passes?"

Again, she put her thumb on her chin and thought for a brief moment before replying straightforwardly, "I believe the police force will become overwhelmed with people like the League of Villains, maybe even villains who aren't as powerful as the League, and society will likely collapse.

It will take too long for the government to admit their mistake, therefore continuing to concede to the public's frankly stupid view of hero work. If we survive this new dark age, it will set us back a few years for sure."

I blinked a few times after she finished. Tsu never got that worked up over discussions, she was the one to calm us down usually. But she was visibly troubled. She may not have sounded much different, but her way of speaking and choice of words were different than her usual vocabulary.

I reached my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a sideways hug as we kept going, "Well no matter what happens, I'll be right by your side to keep you safe. Even if we do get set back a few years, I wouldn't mind working through again as long as I'm with you."

Tsu then blushed softly and smiled again, replying, "And I'll be by your side to keep you safe too. I'm not going to let you do something crazy again like fight the villains on your own."

"Hey I thought you forgave me for that!" I joked, to which she cleverly replied,

"I forgave, but I didn't forget. I don't think I'll ever forget, and your nature won't change overnight, so I'm going to make sure you don't go anywhere without one of us with you, alright?"

I asked, "You're babysitting me?"

"Is there a problem with that?"

I didn't have any other secret villain meetings, nor did I really have a reason to go out alone anywhere. Even if I did, the obvious answer was, and always would be, "No, of course not love, whatever you say."

She smiled and rolled her eyes, saying, "Overdramatic as usual."

We stayed out for a little while longer, until a stiff breeze came our way and chilled Tsu a bit. We then walked back to the manor, the place we called home for now.

Tsu and I spent the rest of the day together, and talked to other residents of the manor such as Sato, Hagakure, and Uraraka. Despite the police's efforts, and the heroes, they couldn't find Cyberghost, Kaiyo, or Kirakiri.