Chapter 20: Amaraito

[A/N: Before we start, I'd just like to thank you all for 700 reads! It's only been a month since I started writing, so I believe to achieved this milestone so soon is amazing! Ok, enjoy the chapter :)]

Here I stood, facing this rather intimidating man twice my age, whose features I could barely make out due to the intense glow of his armour and weapon.

"Look man, I don't wanna hurt you. But Tokoyami is my friend, and a hero, he'd never hurt anyone. If you try to hurt my friend, I will stop you by any means necessary."

I didn't outright threaten to fight him, considering we weren't exactly allowed to fight villains by ourselves yet, but if it came to it I would take the blame and punishment for protecting Tokoyami.

But right then, I got a telepathic message from Mandalay. Mr Aizawa had given us all permission to fight, explicit permission.

"And Alex... Don't lose control." Was the end, especially for me.

The villain stared me down and seemed heavy-hearted to hear my words. He sighed and closed his eyes briefly before speaking.

"Very well then. I honour your courage and your morals. It's a shame that I'll have to kill you as well." He raised his light hammer and brought the handle down to strike the ground.

I smirked, knowing I had permission to engage in combat, "Sorry, but I don't intend on dying today. I'm going to beat you, and whatever other villains are with you, and save my friends."

At that moment, I tried to think about my goal. I attempted transformation as quickly as I could, but obviously I wouldn't have enough time as he charged at me.

Bringing his hammer back, the tip just behind his right side, he swung with both hands, a loud whooshing sound occurring as it just narrowly missed me, with me dodging it easily. He was way too slow for me.

Not underestimating his abilities, I went on the defensive first, and also tried to give myself more time to transform. The guy was definitely a weirdo, but he wasn't stupid. He saw straight through me, knowing I was up to something.

"You're small and nimble. How irksome. I suppose considering your stature, a whip would be better than a hammer, wouldn't it?"

With that, the hammer morphed into a whip. However, he grumbled and looked a little disappointed in his new weapon. "No, not quite. A scourge would be a better weapon for someone as fast as you."

The while grew six more tendrils from its handle, and each of the tips had sharp edges on them, reminiscent of a scourge from ancient Hebrew times.

Back then, the tendrils would usually have bits of bone, pottery, and the likes on the ends to rip into one's flesh. If even one of those hit me, it could slice a deep gash into me and end the fight.

Although I hadn't tested it, it seemed to be that I only regenerated when in battle form. If the injury was great enough, it would start regeneration and carry on through after turning back, like with my arm after my fight with Bakugo.

He also thinned his armour a bit, to give himself more mobility. He must have been expecting a huge fight with Tokoyami to have been this bulked up. Thankfully I'd been paying attention and was not underestimating him.

Lunging forward and cracking the whip, I had no choice but to teleport away a little. I was fast, but not fast enough to dodge a whip. A whip cracking was it breaking the sound barrier, which is three hundred and forty three meters per second.

There's no dodging that just with speed alone. He looked puzzled for a moment, looking to see where I'd gone. He turned to face me, and was more than a little annoyed at this point.