Chapter 22: Dorms

Darkness. Again. A part of me knew what was going on, and I could hear distant voices echoing in the background. I stood up and turned around, looking for the origin of the voices.

After disappointing results I examined my surroundings. I was in a box, brick walls containing me in a cube shaped room. The room started getting smaller as the walls started coming towards each other.

I backed myself into a shifting corner and slid down to the floor, and felt a weird sensation in my mouth. I put my fingers in to figure out what was happening, and several teeth came out.

The teeth vanished, and after looking down at them in my hand, I looked up and saw the walls had disappeared, and a beam of light shot into my face as I gasped and sat up in a hospital bed.

I'd woken up. But I had no recollection of what had happened. The last thing I remembered was that I had been fighting All For One. Obviously if I was here, they'd won. I sighed in relief and hoped everyone was alright.

Vaguely remembering the dream I'd had, I thought about the tooth loss part. A few of my dreams the past few months had included scenes like that, which I'd looked up online to discover what it meant.

Stress. I was stressed out. I mean, of course I was, how many days of actual schooling did we have this semester? How many times had we been attacked and almost killed? That would be stressful for anyone, let alone a group of fifteen year olds.

There was no one in my room with me. Honestly, I wasn't surprised. Looking around in the dark room, I saw my phone on a table next to my bed. Grabbing it, I saw that two days had passed.

My eyes widened and I almost fell out of the bed getting out as fast as possible, dragging the IV line with me and trudging down the hospital corridors.

To put it shortly, I met up with some nurses and was discharged the next morning. All For One had destroyed my mask and made me inhale sleeping gas that was meant to down a superhuman, not a regular human.

Being the first time anyone had ever inhaled that much sleeping gas, and being completely unconscious for more than a few hours, I was hospitalised and kept, just to be safe.

One thing was for sure, I was hungry. I started texting my friends and got tons of positive responses, everyone had been really worried about me. Making my way home, my dad was already gone.

This time though, he'd left a note for me on the kitchen table. Picking it up and reading it, it explained he'd be back at around noon because a few pro heroes were coming to talk about something important.

A bit more emotion than usual which I was a little surprised at, and checking my messages, I saw Tsu had sent me several hug emojis and said she wanted to meet up with me as soon as possible when we got to the dorms.

Me: The dorms?

Tsu: Yeah! Oh, you won't have heard, will you? With all the attacks that have happened, and with how angry the public are getting, a large apartment complex was designed for us to move into and was just completed today!

Me: Wow, that's amazing! I assume that's why there's a bunch of pros coming around to our houses to meet up with our parents?

Tsu: Mhm. They obviously need consent first before they pull us away from our homes and families.

Me: It'll be weird moving out and living alone... Although I'd hoped for it for ages, I never actually thought it would happen so soon.

Tsu: Hey, you won't be alone! You'll have me, and the rest of our class there hopefully. Even if I can't move in, I'll visit you every day after school.