• 147 •

The joyous atmosphere of the banquet has died down, it grew tense, especially the animosity surrounding Xue, K'xug and Veau. 

Xue moved the spear an inch closer to Veau, who continued smiling lazily. 

The two drunkards sleeping beside one another on the floor blinked awake, with Ryo yawning loudly and Kiyae rubbing at her eyes sleepily. Yun stood beside them, adjusting his glasses as he kept silent. 

Even the ruckus woke Hana up.

Kiyae tugged at the ends of Yun's yukata, squinting her eyes. 

"Are they...the type to fight when drunk?" Kiyae asked, looking at Ryo stretching beside her. "Use Ryo then." 

"Huh what? Use me?"

Kiyae nodded. "As a rag doll."

"A rag doll…" Ryo trailed off, nodding sleepily. "Hmm...hmmm hmm."

Yun furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Wait what?" Ryo widened his eyes, swivelling his head to Kiyae once again. 

"I'm afraid, it isn't just a simple drunkard brawl," Yun mused, glancing around. "If things take a turn for the worse, the entire inn wouldn't be able to withstand the fight…"

Shin looked between Veau and Xue, realising his words brought about a negative impact. However, looking at the scene of Xue treating Veau with hostility felt all too familiar. 

It was as if it was meant to be this way. 

Something in his mind was telling him that Veau was his enemy. 

...and always an enemy. 

"Ah, so you are suspecting me." Veau finally answered, the smile remaining on his face. "And back to greeting me with your spear."

"It's hard not to…" Cecil muttered out helplessly.

"Seems like we are agreeing on many things today, Cecil Lan," Veau disregarded the spear still at his neck, looking at Cecil. "Zeau is my dearest brother, yes, how could not suspect--"

"Stop taking it so lightly!" Xue growled, anger evident in his voice. 

Hana started to panic. 

"Are you...planning to fight here?" Hana asked, growing flustered. 

Everything here would just crash and burn! 

Along with the food we cooked with so much effort!

Haru knew a fight would break out anytime soon, and the owner here would not appreciate it if his entire inn was destroyed. Moreover, having such a tense atmosphere for a joyous occasion was something he didn't like. 

"Come on guys, we are celebrating here! There's no need to get into such a petty fight--"

K'xug placed his hand over Haru's mouth, glaring menacingly at Haru. Haru simply blinked, raising his arms in the air. 

"Answer me seriously, Veau! Why...why are you here?"

Veau dropped his smile.

"I have no idea what my brother is thinking," he finally answered Xue. "In fact, I see more of you than him, Xue."

"..."

"You should be touched."

Xue gritted his teeth, attacking Veau despite knowing he wasn't anywhere near his full strength now. 

Veau sighed, stopping Xue's spear with his claws made of dark magic. 

Haru and the others were in awe and horror at Veau's ability.