• 68 •

Leonaut walked down the stairs leading to the dungeon, carrying Cecil in his arms and he had even draped her arm around his neck. 

There were sounds of people whimpering and groaning in the dark, but once they heard the footsteps approaching them, they immediately went quiet.

"Boss, you wanna put the woman in a cell?"

"Yeah."

Leonaut walked past, locating an empty cell, not too far away. He pushed open the door, wanting to place Cecil down on his bed until he saw the blood stains everywhere on the bed and the floor.

Leonaut grimaced, not feeling comfortable at placing Cecil in this cell.

He continued on to the next cell.

Smells bad.

Leonaut shook his head, moving on to another cell.

The bed is in bad shape.

Leonaut moved on yet again, finding another cell that he didn't agree with.

Too dark.

Eventually, he could feel the strain on his arms from carrying Cecil around. He sighed in frustration, adjusting Cecil in his arms.

"Why am I trying so hard to find a good jail cell for you?" Leonaut glanced down at Cecil. "Why should I feel uncomfortable?"

Leonaut found one more empty cell, realising it was the cell opposite to the new victim that they brought in front the entrance.

Finally, this cell met all his requirements and he felt satisfied. He walked to the bed, wanting to throw Cecil down but his chest itched uncomfortably.

He sighed again, slowly placing Cecil down on the bed. He withdrew, massaging his arms with a grimace. He narrowed his eyes at the raven-haired woman on the bed, snarling at her.

"Why are you making me do unnecessary--"

The lanterns bathed Cecil in a soft light, highlighting her beautiful features, and she was still wearing the pretty lacy dress. Even though they were in a dark dungeon, and in a jail cell, it did nothing to smear her beauty.

In fact, it only emphasized on it.

Leonaut found himself in a trance.

Damn it.

She's so pretty.

A stray strand of hair fell onto her forehead, and Leonaut's hand twitched. His hand moved automatically and he leaned down, tempted to sweep the hair away from her unblemished face.

Once his hand was an inch away from her face, Leonaut snapped out of his daze, recoiling back in disbelief.

He glanced at his hand, and down to Cecil, blinking rapidly. He proceeded to exit the cell hastily, turning to the cell opposite him.

The entire time, in the cell opposite to them, the newcomer had been observing the whole exchange.

"You, new guy with the blue hair," Leonaut narrowed his eyes. "What's your purpose here?"

"I'm a friend of Xue," the newcomer stated nonchalantly. "You know the rest."

Leonaut smirked, proud at knowing he foiled Xue's "rescue plans". He walked away without another word.

"Definitely destined for one another," the newcomer muttered in amusement, glancing back to Cecil. "I pity you, Xue. All your competitors will only be you."