• 167 •

The next morning, everyone was busy packing everything up to set off for their next destination. 

They needed to meet lord Kiba and inform him of the changing events and Goro’s suicide. Finishing up with loading supplies onto their ship, they finally boarded it and Yun did a last sweep, ensuring they did not miss out on a single thing. 

However, all of them realised that a boy with midnight-black hair was missing. 

“Where’s Shin?” 

“Where’s the little kid?” 

“Where’s my little brother?” 

They all asked respectively. 

It was only K’xug who remained composed, giving Xue a glance. 

First, he knew that Shin’s disappearance had to do with Xue since Shin had a private conversation with him the night before. 

Secondly, he knew Shin was a part of Xue, the soul fragment of him. 

Lastly, his glance grew more confused since he noticed how haggard Xue seemed. It seemed like he had not slept the entire night. 

“...?” 

K’xug shuffled closer to Xue, tilting his head. 

“You don’t need to know.” Xue answered his question, sounding gloomy. 

K’xug scratched his head, shrugging his shoulders. 

Cecil looked equally haggard, and she bit on her lower lip. The next moment, she procured a painting and an envelope from her storage ring. 

“He...told me to give this to you,” she spoke up, handing the items to Haru. “It was entirely his choice…” 

Everyone leaned in towards Haru and he opened the envelope, taking out the letter and reading it. Hana was the shortest among them, hence she tiptoed and naturally used K’xug as her support. 

K’xug could not read due to the seal placed on him, and he simply bent down, carefully observing the reaction from others. 

Meanwhile, Xue and Cecil stood aside. Since they already knew the truth behind Shin’s disappearance, they were not as bothered. In fact, their minds were stuck on something else. 

Cecil recalled the night before, how Xue almost forced a kiss on her but restrained himself. She could still feel it, see it and even hear it. 

Her back against the wall. 

His arm trapping her. 

Their close distance and his breath on her face. 

The uninhibited desire and jealousy swirling in his grey eyes. 

She grew flustered and felt her face warming, her eyes wandered around and coincidentally met Xue who was gazing intently at her. 

Their eyes widened at the same time, and they looked away hastily.

A second later, Xue found his gaze drifting back to Cecil. Just like Cecil, his mind was replaying the scene from the night before. 

I should have kissed her. 

No...I don’t want to force myself on her. 

She looked so lovely. 

I should have kissed her…

No, stop it. 

Xue closed his eyes in frustration, shaking his head. 

Whereas, Cecil could feel his burning gaze on her and she started to squeeze her fingers nervously, her heart palpitating, bit by bit.