• 182 •

Masaru was carrying two sacks of bags in his hands. It was apparent that they held emergency supplies. 

“Ephert had really thrown everything he had to stop all of you here, there’s too many of them! And they are too strong!” Masaru panicked “You need to get away from here, head over to the evacuation point to the east of the town!

Hana hesitated. 

K’xug remained composed. 

Neither of them moved. 

“We’ll hold them back as much as we can, so hurry, run away! And here, take these! There is someone in that part of the town called Tsuki, and she will help you!” 

“But if we leave…” Hana spoke out, concerned. “What about all of you?” 

Masaru couldn’t find any proper words to respond to Hana. 

The answer was obvious. 

K’xug frowned. 

Our circumstances are unfortunate. 

Kai was still searching frantically for any clues of Cecil. Furthermore, with the people evacuating and being thrown off course by Rugi, it did not help him. 

Haru and Kiyae were running towards the opposite end, providing reinforcement for Yun and Ryo. The warning from Rugi was not to be taken lightly. 

Yun and Ryo were fighting against a group of seasoned mercenaries while defending the ship at the same time. One careless mistake from them, and the ship would be burnt down or they themselves would be cut down.

Meanwhile, Xue was completely unconscious and Cecil was injured fatally, nowhere to be found. 

The least we could do right now…

K’xug summoned out his twin swords. 

Hana flipped her bow, gripping it tightly in her hand. 

“I won’t...I won’t let people shield me again!” Hana exclaimed, looking up at K’xug standing beside her. “This time, I’ll fight back properly! The two of us!” 

K’xug smiled down at Hana, nodding in agreement. 

The least we can do right now is fight back, and await their return. The point of rendezvous will remain the same. 

Masaru was in disbelief at their confidence. 

He had heard personally from Rugi that this group of people were not to be underestimated, and they were strong. 

Hana huffed, looking back at Masaru. “Bring us there to fight! No need to hold them back!” 

“...bu-but--” 

Hana dashed off. 

Masaru gasped in alarm, running after her. “Miss Hana, no-not that way!” 

K’xug ran after the two of them, watching the frustrated look on Hana’s face as he shook his head with a smile. It seemed like Hana had truly changed in many ways. 

***

Yun stood in front of the ship. 

The crewmates they brought along with them were fighting against the mercenaries. Just like Yun had expected, they brought along reinforcements as well. Instead of fighting against a dozen mercenaries, there were now almost twice of them here. 

If it weren't for Ryo disrupting their formation in the distance, there would be more of them here. 

“Fifty of them it seems,” Yun whispered to himself. “Ephert spared no effort in gathering the mercenaries to bring down our ship and delay our trip.”