• 113 •

“Sorry, anything but that,” Zack instantly rejected them, sounding apologetic. “I am delivering these stack of hays to my customer.” 

“Will you be passing anywhere nearby to Aoi then?” Cecil questioned. 

Zack shook his head. “I am going in a completely different direction.” 

Cecil was distressed.

Hana pouted sadly. 

K’xug thought about all the walking they had to do, his aching body not helping him. 

Xue remained indifferent. 

All of a sudden, recognition flitted past Zack’s eyes and he gasped, reaching forward and grasping Cecil by the shoulder, his wrinkled face glowing in excitement. 

“Aren’t you the daughter of the Lan family in Aoi?!” 

Cecil blinked in surprise, nodding slowly. “Yes, I am Cecil Lan.” 

Zack’s eyes then drifted to Hana, and he felt his body trembling in excitement. 

It isn’t only the daughter of the Lan family, but the daughter of the Katae family too! 

I...I hit the jackpot! 

The families of the two ladies were famous merchants in the entire Han continent, making connections with them would ensure a good career for any merchant.

“The daughter of the Katae family?” 

“Mhmm!” Hana nodded as she beamed. “I am Hana Katae!” 

Zack had heard of the daughters of the two families, how they were practically inseparable and how they possessed exceptional appearances. 

One a raven-haired beauty, and the other a red-haired beauty! And their appearances!

I definitely got them right! 

It’s the real jackpot!

Zack opened his mouth, wanting nothing more than to happily agree to giving them a ride. He would just deliver the goods to his customer later. 

“Then I--” 

Zack felt his hand on Cecil’s shoulder being grabbed and flung away, and Xue stepped into view, glowering at him. 

The older man stumbled back, frightened by the menacing aura Xue was currently emitting towards him. Everything about the aura was just telling him “don’t touch her”, and Zack felt a drop of sweat rolling down his face. 

He’s the possessive kind, huh…

Cecil glanced curiously at Xue standing beside her. “What’s wrong, Xue?” 

“Nothing.” 

“Oh Zack, what were you about to say?” Cecil probed. 

“A-as I was saying, since it is like this, I wouldn’t mind giving you a ride back to Aoi,” Zack said, and he leaned in closer. “In exchange, I would like to introduce some of my goods...to your parents.” 

It dawned on her what the man really wanted. 

“Of course, that wouldn’t be a problem,” Cecil smiled. “My parents would be more than glad to meet the person who gave us a free ride back home.” 

***

It was a long three hours journey back home. 

The entire time, Rikka was brimming with energy as she chatted animatedly. Sometimes, there would be some peaceful silence, and before Cecil completely drifted off to sleep, Rikka would find a topic to talk about again.