• 77 •

"You are the healer," Xue stated indifferently. "Where do I get a damp cloth?"

The healer closed her book, giving Xue a blank stare.

It's the broody handsome boy that everyone talks about.

She sighed, angling her body to one side, allowing her to peek into her own clinic. She instantly recognised Cecil Lan, the female student who is always visiting her clinic, leaning on the table, assessing a wound on her arm.

She looked back at Xue, raising her eyebrow.

This rascal, he knows I'm the healer.

Yet, he still wants to take charge and treat an injured person himself.

The healer crossed her arms, nudging her head to the right. "Cloth is on the third bottom drawer on your right."

"Bathroom on your left," she nudged her head to the left. "Make it quick."

Xue walked away, not responding to the healer.

She leaned against the wall, shaking her head as she opened her book, reading where she left off.

A minute passed, and the healer looked inside the room, impatient. Cecil was sweeping her hair to the side, looking absolutely beautiful, her eyelashes fluttering.

Meanwhile, the man opposite her was frozen in place.

It was apparent they were having an intimate moment.

The healer rolled her eyes, closing her book and walking away.

These students, always using the clinics and injuries as an excuse to flirt.

Later, when she returned to her clinic, which was finally empty, she realised a container was gone.

"That silly girl," the healer clicked her tongue. "You ran off with my things."

***

The healer was having her lunch break, strolling around in the academy. The teachers would know where to find her if they had an injured student.

She sat down at the bench in the academy's garden, reading up on a new medical study.

"Did you hear? Cecil Lan stole Xue's heart away."

"That Xue? That Xue we know that belongs to Hana?!"

"Wasn't Cecil Lan with Kai?"

"That was ages ago! And Kai is a completely different person now!"

"I have long supported Cecil to be with Xue anyway, it doesn't make a difference to me."

"No, no! Don't you see the problem here? She stole Xue from Hana, stole!"

"How terrible. I always viewed Cecil Lan as a mature and cool woman, to think she was such a schemer..."

The healer massaged her head, she was here to get some peace and quiet to read an interesting medical study, not to listen to some useless gossip!

The healer stood up, preparing to shift to a bench further away. Suddenly, a red-haired woman ran past the healer, and she couldn't help but look up.

"Stop talking bad about Cecil!"

"Ha-Hana! You heard us...?"

"You were talking so loudly, everyone could hear you!"

"Hey, aren't we on your side, Hana? Cecil Lan stole Xue from you! Why are you talking as if we are in the wrong?"