• 71 •

Author's note: Got too immersed in writing again, another long chapter (almost 3k words). *facepalm*

"Shit, get him!"

The bandits rushed at Xue, and Xue did the same. There were at least a dozens of bandits, but Xue seem unfazed.

Cecil hastily covered Hana's eyes, knowing that this was going to be a bloody fight. She also used her other hand to cover one of Hana's ears. Hana made a noise, protesting, but Cecil firmly kept her hands on her eyes and ear.

The bandits stood no chance against Xue. His agility, his strength and his fighting prowess, it overwhelmed all of them.

Cecil observed the bandits getting slashed and killed, collapsing down one after another. Xue's figure was just a blurry image in the crowd, but he left a horrible bloody mess in his path.

Meanwhile, all Hana could hear were the sounds of pained yells. She knew what these sounds were associated with, and she stopped resisting against Cecil's hand. She even covered the other ear with one hand, starting to tremble lightly.

Cecil glanced at Hana, sighing sadly.

At that moment, Cecil could feel slight control of her elemental powers returning to her, and she blinked in confusion.

Were a few of the lanterns destroyed by someone?

There was a bandit that snuck up to Cecil and Hana. Cecil noticed it, knowing she wouldn't able to conjure a stone wall in time, she moved away, tugging Hana along with her. However, the bandit was soon taken down by a fireball.

"Argh!"

Cecil gasped, looking at the direction the fireball was shot from.

Despite the remaining lanterns in the caverns, it didn't seem to affect Xue at all. Cecil realised her assumption was right.

The lanterns didn't affect Xue since he wasn't a human, like Veau.

"Don't you dare touch them." Xue was glaring at the bandit being burnt by the fireball.

Anyone could see how incensed Xue was, the rage was practically rolling off his body.

The bandit cried out, the searing pain was unbearable. "Ho-how did you--" he gasped out, his eyes wide in fear.

"You think those lanterns and traps would stop me?" Xue growled out, and he rushed to the bandit, killing him in an instant.

All the lanterns were broken into tiny pieces at the entrance, and they were lanterns that weren't easy to break at all. They weren't just average glass lanterns.

The traps were utterly destroyed as well, broken beyond repair.

Cecil could only imagine how angry Xue was, in order to obtain such strength to destroy everything in his path.

Xue gave his spear a swing, getting rid of the excess blood dripping down from it. He spotted one more bandit still standing, aiming his spear at him.

"You as well?"

The bandit dropped his weapon, shaking his head. He bolted out through the wooden doors that were blasted down by Xue, and Xue didn't bother to chase him down.

The bandit wasn't the priority in his mind now.

Xue turned, looking at the two women standing amidst the pile of bodies on the floor. There wasn't a single blood stain on their clothes from his fight against the bandits.